Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Sweet Agony {Book Review}


Title: Sweet Agony
Series: Ex Ops Series Book 3
Author: Jessie Lane
Genre: Romance

Book Description:


Beware of falling in love with the boy across the street. 



Disappearing from their dangerous life in Chicago, Ginny and her mother went from riches to rags by way of a new life in the sleepy, rural suburbs of New York. Under the illusion of safety, Ginny blossomed into a beautiful young woman with hopes and dreams for a future her mother was determined she would have.


Lucas Young, her best friend’s oldest brother, was the dashing hero in all of her dreams. The man she fantasized about sweeping her off her feet and giving her the happily ever after she had only heard about in her mother’s fairytales. 
Sometimes, reality wasn’t what we wanted it to be, though.

What would happen when Ginny found out Lucas wasn’t her Prince Charming after all? Instead, he was a rough and tumble soldier in extremely tarnished armor who had a propensity to break her heart.

Maybe happily ever after wasn’t meant for everyone.

Warning: This is the first book (50,000+ word novel) in a three-part serial spin-off from the Ex Ops Series. Each of the three books will feature a piece of Lucas & Ginny's story and leads directly into the next installment. IN OTHER WORDS, THIS STORY ENDS ON A CLIFFHANGER. Also, be forewarned their story will make you laugh, cry, and possibly throw your e-reader at the wall. <- You've been warned.

My Review:

Sweet Mother of Mercy, author Jessie Lane what are you trying to do to me? I will happily admit I am not a fan of serials. I don't like them, I always feel like they are unnecessary and they always cut off at the best part. I would much rather have a whole book.

But it has been such a long time since I last read a book from the Ex Op Series and I have been waiting for Lucas's book. I've seriously missed this series. That even though Lucas's book was split up into a serial, I had to jump on the chance to read it, even if it was just a part of it.

I have to say this first part is really about getting to know Lucas and Ginny. Getting to know what happened with them. So what does that mean? Well it means that most of this part was of the past. Does that mean I liked it any less? No it doesn't. I love finding out more about character's. I feel like with this we get to really know how Lucas and Ginny were. We got to know how they were together. As opposed to how they are now.

I loved Lucas. I thought he was sweet and caring. You could tell how much he liked Ginny. But  he struggled with being a little bit older than her. I almost felt like the age issue for him was a bit much at times. I mean I understood where he was coming from.

Oh Ginny. I really liked Ginny. Well I liked the younger sweeter, more caring Ginny. Though the older drunk Ginny made me laugh. It was interesting to see basically the two different Ginny's. You wouldn't have thought they were the same person.

I really enjoyed reading this first part, yes even though its a serial. I laughed and cried, and at points I wanted to jump into the story and shake some sense into Ginny and Lucas. I really can't wait to find out what will happen next. And oh boy, I can't believe Mrs. Lane had to end right where she did. Oh wait, yes I can..... The next part can't come soon enough!!!!

I'm giving Sweet Agony 4 Stars Out of 5 and can't wait for more!!!!!





Disclaimer: I received an arc this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment