Thursday, March 24, 2016

Rough & Rowdy {Book Review}


Title: Rough & Rowdy 
 Series: Notorious Devils MC #1 
Author: Hayley Faiman 
Genre: MC Romance 

Book Description:

Kentlee Johnson has always been a sweet girl with good intentions and simple dreams. 

Pierce "Fury" Duhart is an outlaw by nature, born and bred to ride with the Notorious Devils. 

When a chance encounter brings them face to face, Kentlee knows that getting involved with the president of the town's notorious MC is not a wise choice. 
But Fury knows what he wants, and Kentlee is the little bit of sugar he craves on the side. 

Daring to be bold for just one night, Kentlee surrenders to Fury's advances—but one taste of the rough and rowdy man is all it takes to turn her world upside down. 

*** Recommended for 18+ due to Sexual Content, Adult Language, and Violence

My Review:

Oh my goodness, what can I say about this book? I'm not sure if I can come up with the adequate words to describe my feelings on this book. I first want to say this was actually my very first book I have read of Mrs. Faiman's. I have helped out on some book releases on my blog, but have yet to actually read one of her books yet. So I have to say I was super excited to be able to read this book the description made me really want to read it. Maybe also the fact that I love MC books. I'm not going to go into my whole thing about being picky when it comes to MC books. I was just hoping this book didn't disappoint and boy did this book Not Disappoint.  
I will admit I'm not one to really go for the Insta-Like/Love books, but recently I seem to be reading a lot of them. But I think the insta-like/love really works for this book. Also I will openly admit while reading this book I was a little afraid where it was going, but I had to have faith the author knew where she was going with the book. I don't want to give anything away, but I think the way she went once again worked really well for this book.

I liked Kentlee's character. I thought she was sweet, caring, a bit naive, and strong. Yeah she was definitely strong. She did what she had to do to survive to take care of her baby by herself. There were a couple times I thought she would break, but she didn't. 

I really liked Fury right off the bat. He was kind of a different kind of MC president, than I'm used to reading about. Fury finds himself the new, well semi-new president of a MC club. I thought he was sweet, caring, a bit stubborn at times (read the book and you'll know why).

I really really enjoyed this book. As I said above I was a little afraid where it was going, but it all worked out in the end. I really liked both Fury and Kentlee's characters and thought they worked well together. My heart broke for both of them and what they went through. I will say this though I wish we could have gotten a better feel for the Club and its members. I mean we meet a few and kind of only get to know one. I also really loved Fury's dad!!!!

I'm giving this book 4.5 Stars Out of 5 and can't wait for the next book!!!! 





Disclaimer: I received an arc of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others. 



No comments:

Post a Comment