Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Chaos {Book Review}

 
Title: Chaos
Series: Phoenix Undercover #2
Author: C.A. Harms
Genre: Contemporary Romance
 
Book Description:
 
The devil wears many masks, and everyone’s world will crash when the truth comes out…

The life of an undercover FBI agent can be dark.

 The things you see can never be unseen.

 The effects it has on your mind, leave a gaping hole in your soul.

 Agent Joshua Phoenix found the one person he knew could save him from the darkness, but just when things become real, she’s ripped from him without warning...

 He is forced to watch his life go on without him.

 His presence is just too dangerous to those he loves.

 But how far will things go?

 With only a short list of those he can trust, Josh must race to find answers, before fate is decided for him. Gabriella’s in danger and yet no one around her knows it.

 And a man who everyone believes they can trust, may just be the devil himself…

 Will Josh and Greyson solve this case before it’s too late?

 Or will Josh lose Gabby forever?

My Review:

     Oh my gosh..... Oh my gosh.... Oh my gosh...... And can I just say, Oh my gosh, just one more time. Yes that is how I'm going to start my review for this book. C.A Harms what have you done to me? I have to say first it feels like I had to wait forever to get my hands on this book. And yes I do mean forever, especially with that mean cliffhanger you left us with in Lies. Though really it was only a couple of months. Second of all I thought Lies was amazing and blew me away, well just wait until you read Chaos. Chaos picks up right where Lies left off.

     I still loved and adored Josh in this book. It hasn't changed since the first book. He's still the same guy in this book, as he was in Lies. He's sweet, kind, caring, and protective. In this book, especially the beginning half of the book, Josh finds himself hiding out and faking his own death, and trying to find the bad guy's. Well that is until he finds out that he's going to become a father and wants to get back to Gabby.

     Ok I will admit that I wasn't a huge Gabby fan in Lies. Sure I liked her character. But I have to say I liked her character much more in this book. I thought she seemed much stronger in this book, I'm not sure if that's because she thought she lost Josh and had to raise their child on her own or not. But I'm sure that had a lot to do with it.

     As I'm sure you can tell from the top of this review I really enjoyed this book. There was lies, betrayal, suspense, drama. The book will suck you in and you won't want to put it down. And I have to say there was a moment I have to say I didn't see coming. This book made me smile and cry, my emotions were all over the place with this book. I loved seeing Josh and Gabby together again. And I loved seeing the secondary character's again.

      I'm giving this book 4.5 stars out of 5 and can't wait for the next book!!!!!!

   




Disclaimer: I received an arc of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment