Monday, March 14, 2016

The Ex-Factor {Book Review}


Title: The Ex-Factor 
Series: Bodyguards, Inc #2 
Author: R.J. Scott 
Genre: M/M Romance 

Book Description:


Can this bodyguard save the third-placed winner of a TV talent show from an abusive partner? 

When Bodyguard, Ben Collins, finds Daniel Lincoln in a room, hiding and hurt, he doesn't immediately think Daniel is the victim of abuse. Daniel is good at pretending and being a finalist in a TV singing competition he seems like he has it made. But something about Daniel calls to Ben's need to protect and he hands Daniel a card to contact him if ever Daniel needed help.

 Abruptly, after one frightened phone call from Daniel, Ben is racing to Daniel's aid and what he finds is a horror he can't imagine. Daniel is trapped in a relationship where anger and controlling hate are the only emotions he is given. When his boyfriend crosses the line and leaves Daniel vulnerable and broken there is only one man that he wants to call. The sexy bodyguard who promised he could help him. 

My Review:

I thought this book was a really good read and that the Ex-Factor was a great continuation of the Bodyguard series. I thought that this book was very relatable, with the aspect of the reality show. 

I really felt for Daniel. Even though he seems to have everything, have his life together, and have success. But at the same time he's dealing with an abusive boyfriend. 

I thought Ben was such a sweetheart and at the same time loved his protectiveness. I think he came into Daniel's life just at the right time. 

Again I thought this book was a great continuation of the bodyguard series. The author does a great job when pulling emotions from these books. And even though these books may not be my normal genre this author has made me enjoy these books. 

I'm giving this book 4 stars out of 5!!!! 




Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment