Monday, March 21, 2016

Drifter {Book Review}


Title: Drifter
Series: MC Sinner's Next Generation #2
Author: Bella Jewel
Genre: MC Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

They say opposites attract.

In my world that isn’t a good thing.

I did everything I could to escape the motorcycle club I grew up in when I turned twenty-one.
It wasn’t about fear, or betrayal, or even lack of love.

I just needed my own life.

I had to know how it felt to stand on my own two feet without their protection.

Then I met Diesel.

Mysterious, dark, with eyes that screamed to be understood.

From the second I met him, I knew I needed to be in his life.

There’s just one problem – he’s a member of a different motorcycle club.

Two things that should never be combined.

Yet I can’t stay away. No matter how hard he pushes. I can see beyond his mask.

I need to know who he is and I’ll overcome any obstacle to be in his life.

A friendship is born, followed by an epic love.

Our relationship is forbidden.

But I’ll do anything to be in his life.

Anything.

My Review:

     Hmmmm I'm having a really hard time with this review. I'm having a hard time even writing it, unsure of what to really write. I should start and say I was really excited to read this book. I had really enjoyed the first book Pandemonium in this series. So I couldn't wait to read this one....... But for some reason this one felt just a bit off for me. I'm not sure what it was but the beginning kind of started off slow, than picked up just past half way, and than just kind of dropped off again. Like I mentioned again it was just off for me.

    Lets talk about Mercedes for a second. She kind of reminded me of Ava, a bit. She wanted to get away from the MC life, she wanted to live her own life, she didn't want people all up in her business. Look I got where she was coming from. I'm sure if it had been me I would be the same way.

    I liked Diesel, it took a bit, but I did like him. He came off as kind of a jerk at first. But he did things that showed you a softer caring side.

     Even though I felt this book was a bit slow at first, it also felt a bit rushed (if that makes any sense). I didn't feel Mercedes and Diesel's relationship was really believable, I mean one minute she's telling him off and Diesel's being standoffish. Than their just kinda of getting along and hanging out, and together. It was definitely an insta-love kind of relationship with them. So if you like those kind of relationships than you'll probably enjoy them.

     I'm really trying not to be debbie downer here, as I said it does pick up after half way through. I really started enjoying it than. Of course there was some drama with the ex of Diesel. Than there was some other stuff that I felt left a bunch of questions in my head that never really got resolved.

      I can only give this book 3.5 to 4 Stars Out of 5 Stars!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: I received an arc of this book from Give Me Books for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from other's.

No comments:

Post a Comment