Monday, March 21, 2016

Max and the Prince {Book Review}


Title: Max and the Prince
Series: Bodyguards, Inc. #3
Author: R.J. Scott
Genre: M/M Contemporary Romance

Book Description:


Death visits the University and only one person stands between a prince and his life. The war veteran in the room next door. 

Bodyguard Max Connery is used to being mistaken for being younger than he is. Being carded every time he buys a beer is usual. Even though he's just turned twenty eight and has two tours in Afghanistan as a pilot under his belt.

When a threat is made on the life of a prince attending University in the UK, Max is the perfect choice to blend in with students and to keep Prince Lucien safe. Even if it means joining the swim team to be by his side.

But, when death visits the University, abruptly this job is a long way past keeping the prince happy and safe. Instead Max has to keep Lucien alive.


My Review:

    If you're not following along with my reviews on these books or with this series. Well this book is the third book in the Bodyguard INC. series. This book is a bit different from the other's, we have fresh/baby faced Max (whom by the way is going to have to blend into college students), and Lucien the Prince. Although this plot seemed a bit far-fetched, I think that the author did a great job to make it work and believable.

    I really liked Max, a lot. I thought he was sweet, mature, caring, and protective. Even though he is a bit older, but has been thrown into the college scene (or University scene) because of his youthful looks. We really get to know him and his backstory and his experiences.

    I liked Lucien or Luke. I thought he was a bit shy at first and seemed a bit innocent, though that may just be because he's a prince. Even though he's off at University, he finds himself with a stalker and dead bodies dropping, and a fake boyfriend and bodyguard in Max.

    I thought you could tell the attraction of Max and Lucien right off the bat, but nothing really came of it right away, which was nice. Of course like the other books in this series there was a bit of mystery that played out and the author kept you guessing who it was. As I said in my last review in this series, I have really enjoyed these books.

    I'm giving this book 4 out of 5 Stars!!!!






Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from other's.

No comments:

Post a Comment