Thursday, March 31, 2016

Fatal {Book Review}


Title: Fatal
Series: The Portland Street Kings
Author: Evie Harper
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

Mackson King's past is a dark, horror-filled chasm that could swallow the toughest, most dangerous men. A member of the notorious Portland Street Kings, he's impossible to intimidate--but he can be hurt. He learned that the hard way, thanks to her. Lana. The one woman capable of easing his nightmares, of soothing his demons, was the very woman who shredded his heart. She took away his torments, only to become one of them.

Born into a family who lost their way long before she arrived, Lana Scavello has carefully enforced a steely interior that shields her heart from harm. But that doesn't mean she can't cry, and she's spared Mackson King more tears than he ever deserved. Finding Lana at her most vulnerable, saving her when she felt the most invisible, he burrowed beneath her defenses to carve his own personal door to her soul. Only to decimate it, along with everything she'd ever known.

Now, years later, fate has thrown the couple together once more. Pain, heartbreak and betrayal will explode to the surface, leaving both of them raw, aching, exposed. And that's when their true love story begins...

*Fatal is book two in the Portland Street Kings series and must be read AFTER Collision. I do advise STRONGLY to read Collision first.* 

My Review:

     Wowza and get a box of tissues ready is all I can really start this review with. This book was an roller coaster of emotions I wasn't expecting. I had been waiting for this book to come and when I finally got to read it I guess I wasn't expecting what I got. I mean as much as I liked Collision, I think that Fatal has got to be my favorite. And probably one of the best I have read so far this year. 

     I loved Mack. He's one of those characters that you can't help but love and adore. Already knowing his backstory I couldn't help but have my heart break all over again for him. In this book you can see how much his family means to him. How much he cares about them and how he would be willing to do anything to protect them. And even though he tries to keep his heart closed off to Lana, you could tell how much he still cared for her and feel the attraction between them. 

     I really liked Lana. And I really felt for her also, in fact my heart broke for her also. She's really just trying to find a place in the world for her. A place for her to belong. She's been let down by the men in her life, her father and brother. And even Mack let her down at one point. Now she finds herself being held by Mack and his brother's, she's hoping her brother will make the right choice and just this once choose her for once. 

    I really enjoyed this book from start to finish, I couldn't put it down. I think I may have cried through half of it. As I said above this book is a roller coaster of emotions read and you will definitely need a box of tissues. It wasn't all sad though, there were definitely times that I laughed. Really I think this book or this series really is about family, and how you don't have to be blood related to be family. 

     I'm giving this book 4.5 Stars Out of 5 and can't wait for more!!!!!

     

      




Disclaimer: I received an arc of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment