Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Fighting Destiny {Book Review}


Title: Fighting Destiny 
Series: Forsaken Sinners MC Series Book 2
Author: Shelly Morgan
Genre: MC Romance

Book Description:

With a dark past of abuse, Toby Smith full-on raged against life. 

After years of neglect from his junkie mother, Toby turned to the one thing that made his fury go away—mixed martial arts. Now, as an adult, he lives and breathes his training club and fighting, inside or outside of the cage. But when a mousy blonde walks into his gym for a self-defense class he's teaching, that all fades away. 

Sara Carmichael was always a doormat—until the day she took her life back. 

Struggling to cope with years of physical and emotional abuse from a boyfriend, things take a turn for the worse. Drunk and in rare form, he nearly violates her in unspeakable ways. So she leaves and escapes from New York to California, hoping it’s far enough away that he won't find her. 

Sparks fly in the most uncommon places. 

When Sara and Toby meet, they never expected it would be in a sweaty gym. When they are together, Toby feels things he can’t understand. But when Sara’s past clouds their present, will she be strong enough to defend her new life? Or will Toby snap and become the man she’s always feared? 

It’s one thing to fight for love, but it’s another when you’re…Fighting Destiny.

My Review:

Ok is it just me or did I miss something. I know I've been kind of spacey and busy the past couple of months. But did I miss an announcement from this author about her rewriting this book? I guess that means she probably re-wrote the first book again also. I was so excited to see a new book from Mrs. Morgan that I guess I failed to realize that I had already read this book. And yeah that sure as was a surprise to me when I started reading it and was like, "Wait, what I've already read this book." I seriously sat there for a good 20 minutes racking my brain trying to remember if I had read it already or not. Not that I'm trying to complain or anything, believe me I love going back and re-reading and re-visiting some character's I've read before again. And there was no difference here either. I enjoyed Toby and Sara the first time and enjoyed them just as much the second time.

I have to say I still  loved Toby as much this time if not more than last time. He is good looking, sweet and caring. But definitely has a bad boy side when he needs one. You could tell he had an instant connection with Sara when he first meets her, filling in for a self defense class.

I also really liked Sara right away. Which is a change for me, since I usually have a hard time connecting with the female character in a book. But I found Sara to be very likable. Even though she's on the run from her ex, and is quite and shy. She's independent, a fighter and is a bit sassy.

I thought this book was very enjoyable and flowed very nicely. I enjoyed all of the characters. Though I do have to admit one of the returning characters drove me nuts a little bit. This book will make you giggle at parts, make you want to throw your kindle or maybe reach through it and shake the characters at times, there's a little bit of drama.

I'm giving this book 4 out of 5 stars and can't wait to read the next one!!!!!








Disclaimer: I received an arc of this book from the author for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment