Sunday, July 19, 2015

Flawed Love {Book Review}


Title: Flawed Love {House of Obsidian}

Author: Bella Jewel

Book Description

**FLAWED LOVE is a standalone second chance romance with a HEA** 

Rainer Torrence is everything I could have wanted in my life and more. 

He became my best friend when I was Thirteen years old. 

From then on, we were inseparable. He was my first love and my first heartbreak. 

But I always thought it was forever. 

Until his Father died and things went bad. 

Then suddenly, he disappeared. 

Ten years and I didn’t see or hear from him. 

Then came the call I’d be praying for– he was back in town. 

Only the man I remembered is not him. 

This man is quiet, deadly, and so incredibly beautiful. 

He also doesn’t remember me. 

He looks into my eyes, and he sees nothing. 

Nothing. 

So, I let him believe I’m just a girl that walked into his bar. 

I let him believe I’m just a friend. 

I let him use me on the cold, dark nights. 

I let him believe that I am as emotionless about our relationship as he is. 

I just let the secret go on and on. 

But all secrets have an end, don’t they?

My Review:

     So my review on this book is a little late. You know I'm one of those people who wants to love every story I read. I want to get lost in a story and fall in love with the characters. In this second book in this book we get to follow Rainer and Mali. We got to meet Rainer in the first book. These two were characters I really wanted to get to know, especially Rainer.

     Now what can I say about Rainer? Well evidently he used to be the popular guy, the guy everyone wanted to hang with. Now he's a man who for ten years evidently was held captive and has no memory of anything before. Also he is in love with any other woman Pippa, who is with Tyke. Now you can tell that everything Rainer has been through is weighing him down. 

     Now with Emalie. When I first read this book I really liked her. But now I've sat on this review for awhile, I'm like what is going on with her. Emalie was evidently the quite girl, the one nobody paid attention to back in high school. Except for her best friend Rainer. After finding out Rainer is back, she goes and looks for him. Than finds out he doesn't remember her. She tells a little lie about who she is. I don't know, I don't mean this in a rude way, but she just comes off a little desperate. 

      So as I said before my review is like a week and a half late. And the longer I have sat on this review the more my opinion of it has changed. Sure I liked it a little bit better than the Flawed Heart. This book also is mainly in Mali/Emalie's POV the whole book, but it does like the first book go back and forth, between the past and present. I liked that we got to know Emalie and Rainer better. But here is where my issue with this book kinda starts. Yes, I think some of the questions I had were answered. But also left me with a whole bunch of other questions. Also look I know this is fiction,  but I just didn't find the whole thing believable. And I want to believe in the whole thing even if it's just a book.

     So with that I'm giving this book 3.5 Stars out of 5. 



     
      You can purchase Flawed Love on Amazon

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Give Me  Books for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of  my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment