Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Fighting Shadows {Book Review}


Title: Fighting Shadows

Author: Aly Martinez

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

I come from a family of fighters. I always thought I’d follow in their shadows, becoming unstoppable in the ring. That changed the day I saved the life of a woman I loved, but could never have.
My brother hailed me as a hero, and my reward was a wheelchair.
Paralyzed, my life became an inescapable nightmare.
Until I met her.
Ash Mabie had a heart-stopping smile and a laugh that numbed the rage and resentment brewing inside of me. She showed me that even the darkest night still had stars, and it didn’t matter one bit that you had to lie in the weeds to see them.
I was a jaded asshole who fell for a girl with a knack for running away. I couldn’t even walk but I would have spent a lifetime chasing her.
Now, I’m on the ropes during the toughest battles of my life.
Fighting the shadows of our past.
Fighting to reclaim my future.
Fighting for her.
My Review:
      So this was my most anticipated book of the year. Especially after the first one. But I just couldn't wait to get this book and read it and felt like it took forever. Ok not forever but a few months. I can't say this one had as big of an impact on me as the first one. But this book did make me laugh and get teary-eyed. 

     I loved loved loved Flint. He was sweet, caring, funny,  a fighter (in more ways than just being a fighter). You can't help but feel for him after what has happened to him. And though there are times where he cops an attitude I think under the circumstances it's expected. 

     Uh what can I say about Ash? I wanted to like her. I really truly did. I even tried to take into account that when we meet her she was really young and take in her bad circumstances she's coming from. But I just never connected with her character and found her to be rude and selfish. 

     Despite of what I might think of Ash. I really enjoyed this book. These characters in these book we've got to watch them grow and develop,  and deal with the hand that there handed. As I said above I laughed and cried in this book. We once again get to see the strong bond these brothers have with each other. 

    I'm giving this book 4 out of  5 stars and can't wait for Quarry's book.


           You can purchase Fighting Shadows on AmazonB & NKoboiBooks

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from TRSOR Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are  100% of my own and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment