Saturday, July 25, 2015

Burn (A Bayonet Scars Novel) {Book Review}


Title: Burn {A Bayonet Scars Novel}

Author: JC Emery

Book Description:

Tragedy cuts deep. Revenge burns deeper.
The blood of their enemies coats the leather of their cuts and a trail of bodies lie in their wake, but the Forsaken Motorcycle Club isn't done yet. Carlo Mancuso still needs to pay for his sins. Nobody knows that more than Ian Buckley, the Treasurer for Forsaken.

Ian prefers his pleasure mixed with pain and he's only ever at peace when he's doling out justice. Convinced that he's too unstable and sadistic to take an old lady, he keeps his trysts, like all of his relationships, brief and anonymous. But with his club at war, and the stakes being so personal, Ian's feeling the events around him more deeply than he expects.

Mindy Mercer is the sweet daughter of Fort Bragg’s most respectable cop. At least that’s how the town sees her. Very few people know the Mindy who hides her tracks and battles her cravings by lying to everyone around her. She thinks she has control of her addiction until she suffers an attack that leaves her searching for a way out of her own personal hell.

Mindy has never been more desperately in need of a savior and Ian has never seen a more beautifully destroyed creature in his life. Their attraction is intense, but their damage is extreme. Some scars never heal, and some people never get better.

Love is never more painful than when it can kill you.

My Review:

I will admit I only found the Bayonet Scars series a few months ago. Probably closer to the beginning of this year. I read the whole boxed set probably in 2 whole days. I will say this before I start my review. This is probably one of the darker, gitter series in any genre that I have read. I will say that Burn doesn't disappoint in the dark and gritty in this series. I will say this, this book is not really a standalone book. I think if you try and read it as a standalone you might be confused with what's happening. 

Where to start with my review? Let's start with Mindy. Oh Mindy, my heart broke for Mindy. She has been through so much and now she's trying to find a way to put herself back together. I have to say Mindy is probably one of the strongest characters. 

I really liked Ian in this book. He has his own demons sitting on his shoulders. But you get to see a softer side of him with Mindy. And even though you see him fighting his attraction to her, you can see how much he cares about her.

Like I said at the beginning of this review this series is probably one of the darker and grittier series I have read in a while. I thought it was a good read. It's been a little bit since I read the other books, so it took a few minutes for me to remember what was going on in the series. But I quickly remembered and got into it.

I'm giving this book 4 out of  5 stars and can't wait for the  next one. 




You can purchase Burn on Amazon

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Inkslinger Protector for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment