Sunday, July 26, 2015

Bleeding Love {Book Review}


Title: Bleeding Love

Author: Harper Sloan

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

I've loved once. I gave everything that I had to that love. Blindly believing that nothing could ever take that feeling away from me. Away from us. And when my little world of happiness was ripped from my fingers, I felt a loss that still haunts me to this day.
Now I use that lingering grief as a shield to keep my heart from loving again. It's that fear that keeps me from letting anyone, except my daughter, get close enough to make it hurt. To make my heart bleed when I inevitably lose again.
Until the day I met Liam Beckett and everything I thought I had protected myself from was shoved back in my face.
He's on a mission to prove to me that a love worth having is a love worth fighting for.  

My Review:

      Ummm yeah I really don't know how to start this review. I'm really at a loss for words on this review. And not in a good way either.... I have a hard time writing bad reviews, I guess you could say. Usually if I have a bad review I don't write a review. Because I know everyone's opinions on a book are not going to be the same. But hey that's the great thing about opinions,  their your own.

      First I want to say I was a big fan of the Corps Security series. I loved that series, and I was really excited when I heard the kids were getting their own series. I also love if a series ends and the kids get their own series. It's a way to get to know new characters, but at the same time possibly see old characters you know and love. So when I read the first book in the Hope Town series, I really enjoyed it.

      Now that being said on with my review of Bleeding Love.  Uh where to start? Well let's start at the beginning. This book just rubbed me wrong right from the beginning for some reason. I just couldn't get into it. I found myself just skipping pages at points trying to get through it.

    Oh Liam. I really really want to say I loved Liam or at least liked him. But unfortunately he fell flat for me. I tried, I really did. He was supposed to be this hot, sexy, protective, alpha male. But to me he just kind of was creepy and pushy. Look I know he was just trying to give Megan a push to move on and move forward, and open up. But he was just a bit to pushy to me.

     Uh Megan. What to say about her? Um her mood swings were a bit much for me. And she was a whiny and repetitive to me. Look don't get me wrong I felt for her and everything she'd been through. But I just wasn't connecting with her character. 

     So like I said this book was just a big miss for me. There were times where I'm sure Mrs. Sloan was trying to be humorous with the lines but again they just came off creepy. There were times to me where Liam was trying to do the whole "dirty sexy talk" during what were supposed to be hot scenes,  again in this book they just rubbed me wrong and didn't seem sexy at all to me.

   So after sitting on this review for two weeks I thought I would be able to at least give this book 2 Stars, but unfortunately I can't.

    I'm only able to give Bleeding Love 1 star out of 5.

      


Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from TRSOR Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment