Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Shock Advised {Book Review}


Title: Shock Advised
Series: Kilgore Fire Series #1
Author: Lani Lynn Vale
Genre: Romantic Suspense

Book Description:


Taima, a.k.a. Tai, is the last person people come to for help. He’s the fuck up…the bad boy…the guy that only looks out for himself.

Which couldn’t be further from the truth.

He’s fought hard to become the man he is today. He’s a hero in the public’s eye. A firefighter that the young all the way to the old turn to for help at the lowest point in their lives.

What people don’t know, though, is that he’s no hero. He’s the reason his sister is dead, and he’ll spend the rest of his life trying to right that wrong.

Then one split second decision has him coming face to face with Mia Darling. The woman changes his life, making him reevaluate everything he thought he had figured out, and showing him the tenderness he never knew he needed.

Just like always, though, his luck runs out.

When the smoke settles, Mia’s gone, and Tai realizes there’s no way he can live the rest of his life without her. He’ll show her just how hard a bad boy will fight to get his woman back, and he’s not opposed to fighting dirty.

My Review:

I don't think I need to mention in every review I do for Mrs. Vale how big of a fan I am. I don't think in every review I do I have to say how much I love her books. Because I do on all of those things. I appreciate each and every book that Mrs. Vale comes out with and how quickly she comes out with them. I'm accustomed to not having to wait for a long time for the next book. I and can't say how excited I was when I found out she was doing a Kilgore Fire series. 

I loved Mia and my heart broke for her. I thought that Mia was strong, independent, caring, a fighter. When we first meet Mia, she is fighting to save her young sons life. After losing her son, she pushes everyone away which is understandable. I loved watching her open herself up again, voice her fears and open herself to love. 

I have to say I really liked Tai. He was such a sweet and caring guy in this book. I loved the relationship between him and Mia and how he wanted to help her through her loss. I also loved the relationship between him and his brother. 

I thought this book was really enjoyable and definitely a tear jerker. You may want to have some tissues available while reading. I thought it was a good start to a new series. 

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5 and can't wait for more!!!!


Disclaimer: I received an arc of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment