Monday, April 18, 2016

Heinous {Book Review}


Title: Heinous
Series: Deathstalkers MC Book 2
Author: Alexis Noelle
Genre: MC Romance

Book Description:

I was never meant to have a happily ever after.
It was a fate I accepted a long time ago.
Before he came for me, taking away who I am, I needed to escape.
Just for one night.
One man turned my entire world upside down.
I should have walked away, but something about him wouldn’t let me.
Now I’m lying to him.
He’s going to find out the truth, or my life will catch up to me.
Either way, I lose him.
It’s a thought I can’t bear.
People have always told me love is amazing and powerful.
They’re wrong.
It makes you weak…exposing your vulnerabilities…making you easy prey.
Love is heinous.

My Review:

I have to say that I enjoyed the first book in this series, I thought it was a good start to this series. So I couldn't wait to read this book. I have to say though as much as I enjoyed and really liked the first book, I kind of felt like Mrs. Noelle was dipping her toes into the MC world. I couldn't wait to see where she would go with this series. As much as I really liked the first book, I have to say that this book is probably now my favorite of the series.

I really liked Nikki's character. She's sweet, funny, strong and sassy, she gives as well as she gets. Though you can definitely tell that's just to hide whats underneath. Nikki is the daughter of a former club whore who passed away from a drug overdose. She is also the daughter of a club president whom evidently isn't to pleased that she's his daughter and doesn't treat her well at all. Nikki is out looking for just one night of fun before her father hands her over to the man he's promised her to. Nikki doesn't really have good views on motorcycle clubs. So when she runs into Twisted on her night out for fun, she definitely wasn't expecting her life to take an unexpected turn and to fall for this biker.

I loved Cameron or Twisted as he goes by. He's the VP of the deathstalker's, a position he's just come into. He's got his own dark past that he doesn't like to share. I thought he was sweet and protective. I liked getting to know him better.

I have to say this was really enjoyable and so far probably the best in this series. As I said at the beginning of this review as much as I liked the first book in this series, I really didn't feel connected with it. I feel like with this book their was more of a connection. The book seemed to be more in depth. This book had a little bit of everything, it had secrets and lies, it had drama, it had its fun parts, and it had its smoking hot parts.

I'm going to give this book 4.5 stars out of 5 and have to say I really can't wait for the next book!!!!!




Disclaimer: I received an arc of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are a 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment