Thursday, April 21, 2016

Letting Her Lead {Book Review}


Title: Letting Her Lead 
Series: The Ghost Riders Club
Author: Alexa Riley
Genre: MC Romance

Book Description:

Lucias Houston is president of the Ghost Riders MC. He carries the club on this shoulders with nothing but his brothers on his mind. Until he lays eyes on her.

Elizabeth “Izzy” Force is a veterinarian who spends her time either working, or gaming online. Her life is simple and she likes it just fine…until a baby bulldog pulls in the hottest-looking beast of a man she’s ever seen.
They come from two very different worlds, but they’re about to collide. Can Lucias convince Izzy he’s worth the risk?

Warning: This is an MC book like no other. There’s no cheating, no sweet butts, and it has all the sweet, cheesy goodness Alexa Riley stirs up. Saddle up and ride!

My Review:

I have to say that this is one of those series that I have read from the beginning. And I think I have read each and every book in this series, though there may have been a couple I have missed. Though luckily these books can be read as stand alone's, so you won't feel like your missing anything. I think the only thing that might be confusing if you haven't read any of them would be the characters and how they fit in.

Now that being said, I want to say I really enjoyed this book. But I kind of had a hard time with this one. I just never was feeling the connection between Lucias and Elizabeth or Izzy (as she goes by in most of the book). I mean yes there seemed to be a connection between them at times. But at other times I just wasn't feeling it.

I have to say most of the books in this series are insta-lust/love books. The relationships in these books are usually hot, fast and steamy. I don't have a problem with those kind of stories. But once again at least for me, it just didn't work for me in this book.

I'm mean Izzy is the veterinarian that Lucias has been hot after. Than after Izzy's twin brother betray's Lucias' club, she's basically kidnapped. Izzy excepts that as long as they don't hurt her brother.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to complain here. It was a good story.... I just didn't connect with this one. But I will continue to read whatever comes next in this series.

I'm giving this book 3 1/2 to 4 stars. Probably closer to the 4 star side!!!!







Disclaimer: I received an arc of this book from Ardent Prose Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment