Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Catching Summer {Book Review}


Title: Catching Summer
Series: Second Chances #6 (Standalone)
Author: L.P. Dover
Genre: Romantic Suspense


BLURB:

Former nurse Summer Jacobs has seen her fair share of suffering, but she never expected tragedy to hit so close to home. After watching her husband die in the MMA ring, Summer spends the next two years fighting her way through the darkness. The last thing she needs is another hardheaded athlete turning her life upside down. But that’s exactly what happens when she meets a gridiron star who’s as skilled at stealing hearts as he is at snagging passes.
 
Carolina Cougars wide receiver Evan Townsend usually has no problem winning fans, so he’s intrigued when Summer shoots down his go-to plays for winning a woman’s attention. Never one to back down from a challenge, Evan turns up the heat, setting off sparks that neither can deny. But as his slow seduction begins to chase away Summer’s pain, he gets the feeling that someone is desperate to keep them apart. Now Evan will do anything to protect her—because he never misses a chance to make a perfect catch.

My Review:

      I have been a big L.P. Dover fan ever since I read Roped In. Ever since than she has been one of my go-to authors and I'm always waiting for the next book from her. Now I haven't read any of her Second Chances series. But if I hadn't had been a fan beforehand, than I definitely I would have become I fan with this book. 
I have to say I love second chance romances. And this one blew me away and definitely had unexpected moments for me. 

     I loved Summer. My heart broke for her and everything she had been through. Summer is a young woman who is trying to put her life back together again after losing her husband Austin. I found her to be strong and independent. And even though she has her moments of loss and memories of Austin, she's putting one foot in front of the other and moving forward with her life. She has her twin sister and Austin's brother, and her family supporting her. I loved watching her open herself up again and falling in love again.  

     I loved Evan right off the bat. Even though he's this big football player, he didn't seem cocky or conceited. I thought he was sweet and caring. You could tell how much he cared about Summer. I think it also kind of helped that he kind of went through the same situation with his sister. So he could really support Summer and understood her feelings. 

     I have to say I really enjoyed this book from start to finish. I thought it was a sweet and nice second chance romance. But as I said there were definitely some unexpected moments that author L.P. Dover brought into the story to really pull you into it. There were definitely some moments where I thought I knew who or what was going on, or really who was behind what was going on. Than Mrs. Dover had me changing my mind and thinking it was someone else. This book made me smile and laugh, and even cry at points.

      I'm giving this book 4.5 Stars out of 5 and can't wait for the next one!!!!




Disclaimer: I received an arc of this book via Netgalley for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others. 


No comments:

Post a Comment