Sunday, April 24, 2016

Banger's Ride {Book Review}


Title: Banger's Ride
Series: Insurgents MC #5
Author: Chiah Wilder
Genre: MC Romance


Book Description:

Banger, President of the Insurgents MC, isn’t looking for a woman to replace his beloved wife. Ever since she died, he’s closed his heart to loving again. He satisfies his carnal pleasure with the club girls and hoodrats. It’s safer that way. 
The President of the national club may have sparkling blue eyes and an infectious smile, but make no mistake, if someone crosses him or his club, he’d slit their throat in a heartbeat.

Set in his ways, tough, tattooed, and a no BS-type of man, Banger is doing just fine until he meets the sassy, curly-haired, single mom who can cook the best fried chicken he’s ever tasted. 

He can’t get enough of her cooking…or her. 

For the first time since he’s been widowed, he wants a woman in his life warming his bed. 

And the no-nonsense woman, who has a body made for sinning, has turned his world upside down.

Belle Dermot is a widow with two kids whose husband left her penniless. Wanting a fresh start, she moves to Pinewood Springs and takes a job at the local diner cooking tasty, home-cooked meals.

After finding out her husband was a cheating louse, the last thing she wants is another man in her life. She has her hands full with a rebellious teenage daughter, paying the bills, and fending off nasty accusations that she poisoned her husband.

Then she meets Banger, the muscular, handsome, and rugged biker who comes crashing into her life. 

If only he wasn’t so nice to her and didn’t get her all hot and bothered. And why did he have to be so damn good in bed?

As hard as she tries to push him away, he keeps slipping back into her life, helping her with her problems. And Banger’s not the type to let go once he decides on something. And he’s decided to make Belle his. Now, he just needs her to agree to be his woman…

The Insurgents MC series are standalone romance novels. This is Banger and Belle’s love story. This book contains violence, sexual assault (not graphic), strong language, and steamy/graphic sexual scenes. It describes the life and actions of an outlaw motorcycle club. If any of these issues offend you, please do not read the book. HEA. No cliffhangers! The book is intended for readers over the age of 18.

My Review:

Oooweeee that's about all I can say right now. No seriously I think this book might be in the running to be my favorite of this series. Or very close to being tied for being my favorite of the series. I don't think anything will surpass Chas's Fervor for me. But Banger's Ride definitely comes close.

I loved, loved, loved Banger. He's a leader, strong, pretty set in his ways. But at the same time he's sweet and a big old softy at heart. You can tell how much he cares about his club. You can tell how much he cares about and loves his daughter. So far throughout this series we have gotten to see Banger off and on. But I loved getting to know him better and seeing what he was really like. It was nice to see him finally able to move on from the loss of his former wife and learning to open up and love again. 

I absolutely loved Belle's character, which is weird for me to say since I always seem to have a hard time relating to the female characters. But Belle reminded me a lot of myself. Not with losing her husband, but with being a single parent.  Belle's dealing with a lot, she's dealing with raising her two children on her own. She's just trying to find her footing and make enough for her and her children. She's dealing with a teenager who has a huge attitude problem. She's dealing with her late husbands daughter trying to make trouble for her. 

I have to say that the Insurgents have become one of my go-to series. I remember when I read the first book in this series and I thought, "Oh this is a good start to a new series." Than when I read the next book I was like, "Oh this series is getting better." I feel like with each book in this series Mrs. Wilder just gets better. Like I said at the beginning of this review this book is probably in the running for being one of my favorites in the series. This book hooked me from the beginning and held me till the end. It made me laugh, it definitely had a few shocking moments, there was some action, of course some smoking hot moments.

I'm giving this book 4.5 Stars out of 5 and can't wait for the next one!!!!








Disclaimer: I received an arc of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions of this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment