Monday, April 18, 2016

Clash {Book Review}


Title: Clash 
Author: C.A. Harms
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

It was time to fight back.

Time to live.

Too much of my life had already been taken from me by a man that should have protected me. At the hands of pure evil I have lived in fear. When most young women were learning to love, I was fighting to live.

I had broken free of the hate.

Finally getting the chance to feel what real love was, but with all good things, bad times seem to follow. At least for me it does. My name is Payton Walters and I refused to allow them anymore of my freedom.

I will not fall…

Not this time.

My Review:

Wow just wow.... Once again Mrs. Harms has blown me away with a story. This story took me on an emotional roller coaster of emotions. I will say this is a dark read that deals with a touchy subject.

Oh how my heart broke for Payton. I found her to be strong and a fighter. After her mother abandons her with her father. Payton deals with years of abuse at his hands. She finally escapes from her father after one particularly dark night. She start to pick up her life, herself confidence and starts to finally live when she moves in with her best friend's family, and her best friends brother whom she's been crushing on for years. Just when everything seems to be settled and everything seems to be going good in Payton's life the past comes crashing back in.

Oh boy Dylan. He's your typical player, I guess you could say. I guess a different girl all the time. And is oblivious to his sister's best friend crushing on him. When he finally pulls his head out of his backside and admits he has feelings for Payton to, really liked him than. I thought he was sweet, caring and protective.

This book is more on the New Adult side than Contemporary Romance. I have to say I don't read many
books in the New Adult rang, because I find that the characters tend to act way to young for me. Since usually New Adult is usually character's who are in the college range. At least that's what I find..... I have to say that although these character's are younger in age than I'm used to read that I really enjoyed this book. It pulled me in from the beginning and took me on an emotional roller coaster to the end. There were some twists that I wasn't expecting.

     I'm giving this book 5 out of 5 Stars!!!!



Disclaimer: I received an arc of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment