Saturday, July 28, 2018

Scarred {Book Review}


Title: Scarred
Series: Demons of Hell #1
Author: Elizabeth Knox
Genre: Romantic Suspense

Book Description:

I had it all, or at least I did according to everyone else.
I had the club, I had the most powerful husband, the Prez of the Demons of Hell MC.

I had a family.

He’d told me time and time again the club was my “family”.

My “family” let a lot of things happen to me that shouldn’t of.

My “family” did a great job of turning a blind eye.

My “family” was great at letting me be the punching bag for their mistakes. For all of his pent up anger and frustrations.

My “family” was the reason I almost died.

When Rage came into my life I saw nothing else.

His name was a warning and I didn’t listen.

My Review:

So this is the first time I have gotten the chance to read anything by Mrs. Knox. And I have to say if you're looking for an MC book that's all fluffy pink bunnies and light cotten candy rainbows. Than this probably isn't the book for you. This book is dark, its gritty, and probably for most if you have triggers this will push your boundaries. 

Gosh Roxanne, aka Roxy, I want to say I felt sorry for her. But that's not what I felt for her. I felt a kinship with her. I want to say that I was angry with her for staying with Rage for so long. But I understood where she was coming from staying with him. She had a strength about her that I don't think she even realized it. 

I have to say I kind of had mixed feelings on Vinect, aka Tex. On one hand I wanted to be pi$$ed at him for not getting Roxy away from Rage sooner. On the other hand I understood with Tex's position in the club how he was in a precarious position. But I do have to say I did really like him.

Alright I did really enjoy this book and I don't want to give away any spoiler's for this book. But I will say that this book is not what it seems. There were times it pushed my limits and I wasn't sure if I'd finish. There were a few surprises that came that I wasn't expecting. And HOLY MOLY that ending, I just can't with that ending.

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5!!!! 







Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Give Me Books PR for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment