Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Flip Trick {Book Review}


Title: Flip Trick 
Author: Amo Jones
Genre: Sports/Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

I did something I had never done before. 

I had a one-night stand. 

Then in true me fashion, I left my phone at his house during my desperate venture to escape.

I tried hard to ignore the texts sent to my best friend’s phone...

Amethyst: Sup, these selfies are cute as shit, but your lips looked better wrapped around my…

I did NOT text him back. 

I DID vow to never speak of him, or that night again... 

I’m Amethyst Lily Tatum, and up until this point, I’d managed to maintain a fairly low-key life. I’m what you would call a socially unacceptable hot mess. Instead of partying, I’m skating, flipping ollie’s over guys who loved to underestimate me. Then I started college, met a wild girl who I would soon call my best-friend, had my first drunk one-night stand, left my phone at his house, and then, when I finally managed to meet my mom’s new boyfriend, I found out that my one-night stand, was now my new stepbrother. 

*this is a standalone novel*

My Review:

I am going to start this review by saying I think this is actually the first book by Mrs. Jones that I actually understood what was going on in it.  Now on with my review....

I don't really want to give anything away here, but I will say this that these two character's Amethyst and Maddox are no strangers to each other. They've known each other for a long time. 

I liked both Amethyst and Maddox, as just mentioned above, they are not strangers to each other. But circumstances at first kept them apart. Than they meet again. Only to have life throwing them curve balls. But I will say this even though they had a ton thrown at them I thought they were good together and were meant for each other. 

I did enjoy this book and I will say that Mrs. Jones throws a lot at you in this book. I mean there was A Lot going on in this book. Plenty of family and other drama, lots of family secrets. And of course it wouldn't be an Amo Jones book without the twists. I also really lilked the secondary character's in this book also.

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5!!!


Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment