Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Playing Hurt {Book Review}


Title: Playing Hurt
Series: An Aces Hockey Novel
Author: Kelly Jamieson 
Genre: Hockey/Sports Romance 

Book Description:

He’s playing hurt. She’s laying low. And they’re both flirting with disaster. 

 Chase: 

The last thing I’d ever want to do is let my team down. After overcoming my bad-boy reputation, I was dominating on the ice. But things aren’t going so well this season, and even my parents think I’m partying again. Now I’m really worried about my career. The only bright spot in my life is the Twitter flirtation I’ve struck up with pop princess Jordyn Banks. Turns out she’s a huge hockey fan—and she’s willing to wager a date on her favorite team. . . .

Jordyn: 

Even though I’m an L.A. fan now, I’ve always had a soft spot for the Aces, since I grew up in Chicago. Then I lose a bet to Chase Hartman, and suddenly I’m up close and personal with a pro athlete who’s anything but soft. Not only is Chase the hottest guy I’ve ever met, he’s secretly super sweet. As if I had time for a relationship . . . yeah, right. But when I suddenly have nothing but time on my hands, he’s the only one who understands. 

Now, with both of our careers at stake, Chase is tempting me to put my heart on the line too.

My Review:

So I have to be honest here and say that its probably been about a year or year and a half, since I last read a book from Mrs. Jamieson. I had actually given up on this series after the second book. Which had really made me sad because I love hockey romances and I had high hopes for this series. But the first two books had let me down. But I saw this one and thought what the hey I might as well give this series another chance. 

Gosh Chase..... I just loved Chase.... Even though at times he reminded me of a child and my heart hurt for him. He's just a young man who is still looking for acceptance and love. And when he has it in his life I'm not sure if he just doesn't see it or doesn't know what it is, because of how his parents were. He's also dealing with not having the best season. But he was so sweet, kind, caring, and funny. 

I will say this at first I wasn't sure what to think of Jordyn. She was just kind of, there..... There was nothing really stand out or special about her character at first. I kinda wanted her to Wow me and she didn't do that. But as you got to know her better throughout the story I started llking her more and more.

I have to say I'm really glad that I gave this book a chance. I will also say that I really enjoyed the banter between Chase and Jordyn on twitter before they meet. But at the same time it kind of made the first few chapters seem to move slow, and I have to admit it kind of made me start to get annoyed. But other than that I really did enjoy this book and as I just said above I'm glad I gave this book a chance.

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5!!!!





Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from L. Woods PR for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment