Friday, October 23, 2015

Roped In (Armed & Dangerous) {Book Review}


Title: Roped In {Armed & Dangerous}

Author: L.P. Dover

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description


Who says a wild heart can’t be tamed?

For years, I lived for the job and let it control me. Violence was all I knew. I protected, killed, and served. My name is Blake Evans, one of the best undercover cops in the country. I thought I was about to live a quiet life on my ranch in Wyoming until an old friend showed up and changed everything. He brought me her, Hadley Rivers, country music sensation and the one woman I couldn't have. I didn't want her but she had me completely roped in.

My job is to protect her, to keep her away from some psycho who wants her for himself. However, there's more to her story than I was led to believe. I promised to keep her safe and I won't back down . . . even if I have to die trying. I can't let him have her.

My Review:

     I've just really started reading author L.P. Dover's book within the last couple of months. The first book of hers I read was a paranormal book. So this was the first book I have read in her Armed and Dangerous series.

     I really liked Hadley's character in this book. After dealing with a stalker who harms her best friend/fake boyfriend and kills her bodyguard. She finds herself uprooted and placed in a different state for her protection. I think even though everything she's been through she was sweet, caring, strong and definitely had enough sass.

    I really liked Blake's character. Forced with protecting Hadley from her stalker. Blake finds himself falling hard and fast to the country star. I think we got to know Blake a little bit. I think we could have gotten to know a little more about him. But he was definitely a sexy alpha male.

     I thought this book started off really good and it captured your attention. I thought it kind of trailed off in the middle. I really don't want to give anything away, but there was a point where evidently something just happens to the stalker and it was just kind of like "that's it?". But let me tell you, oh no that was not it and the author pulls you right back in toward the end of the book.

     I'm giving this book 4 out of 5 stars and can't wait for Logan's story!!! 

Disclaimer: I received an arc of this book from Give Me Books for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment