Monday, October 5, 2015

Major Misconduct {Book Review}


Title: Major Misconduct: An Aces Hockey Novel

Author: Kelly Jamieson

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description

As the captain of the Chicago Aces, Marc Dupuis is all business. The apartment he shares with his teammate and best friend, Duncan, is a refuge from the pressures of fame. But when the sexiest woman he’s ever seen interrupts his early morning coffee wearing only a skimpy cami and matching panties, Marc can’t exactly say he minds. Their chemistry is off the charts. Unfortunately, this girl’s no random puck bunny. She’s Duncan’s little sister—and she’s moving in.

Lovey Armstrong could stare at Marc’s chiseled abs and listen to his French-Canadian accent all day. She just has no idea what’s going on inside his head: When he’s not charming her pants off, Marc makes a Zamboni machine seem warm and cuddly. Lovey knows the team’s bro code says no messing with sisters, but all these mixed messages are hard on a girl’s self-esteem—especially since she’s finally getting her new life together in Chicago. She decides he’s worth another shot . . . because if anyone can melt the ice around Marc’s heart, it’s Lovey.

My Review

    This is the second book in the Ace's series I have read. And this book follows Marc and Lovey. Uh where do I start with this review? I will say that I enjoyed the first book in this series and I really enjoy hockey books. But something about this book kept me from enjoying it. But please don't let that keep you from getting this book if you like hockey books.

     I really wanted to like Lovey, I really tried. But I just couldn't do it. She is one of the lead female characters that got on my nerves right away, and that hasn't happened to me in a long time. I just found her to be sort of selfish and ungrateful.

    I liked Marc. He was a little better than Lovey. He was definitely my type of lead hero.

    I don't know what it was but something just kept me from really enjoying this book. I think it may have just been Lovey, she just rubbed me wrong and I just never connected with her. I also kind of found because of that I seemed to skim through alot of the book.

    I can only give this book 3.5 stars out of 5!!!

        You can purchase Major Misconduct on Amazon

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment