Sunday, March 22, 2015

Collision (Portland Street Kings) {Book Review}


Title: Collision {The Portland Street Kings}

Author:  Evie Harper

Book Description:

When I was fourteen years old, I killed for the first time. That day I learned cruelty wasn’t only within the walls we had just escaped.

It hasn’t been easy growing up in the middle of a war. A struggle to find shelter. Fighting to protect our bodies against the corruption of the streets. Nobody cared about the street kids who had to beg and steal to eat.

We are the Portland Street Kings – A family forged through loyalty not blood. To get through this life of broken dreams alive, we’ve become hard, uncaring and merciless. We do what must be done to keep our family safe, we will harm those who stand against us.

We have it all, feared and respected by those on the streets. Then she collided into my world, and with her came demons from my past, back to haunt us all.

My Review:

      So I'm not sure where to start on this review. I've had this problem the last couple of days with a couple of my reviews. First off I should say this is the first book of author Evie Harper's I have been able to review and boy am I glad I had that opportunity. I couldn't wait to get this book and read it, ever since I saw the cover and read the blurb. I could tell this was going to be a great book and series. And boy was I right... I could not put my kindle down and stop reading. No matter how hard my eyes were straining. 

     This book starts off Hot and Fast, and with a Bang. I loved the start of this book and this series. Collision takes us on quiet the jounery for all of these characters. I loved the plot of this book. I loved the characters in this book. I loved that even though these characters may not be related by blood that they had a sense family about them. They have been through so much together, but have stayed strong and stuck together. 

    I loved Slater, he's dark, sexy, dominate, protective, ruff around the edges. He was also a little confusing at times, but I think that that's because he was protecting himself. But you can also get to see the other caring side of him too. The side with his family and the kids they help. Plus the chemistry between him and Piper is off the charts right from the start. 

   Piper was sweet and sassy, and just trying to make a living for herself. I think she really truly just wants to help these kids on the street. She also finds out a shocking secret about herself. 

    I absolutely loved this book. It has a little bit of everything in it. A little bit of drama, ok a whole lot of drama. A little bit of mystery. Some smoking hot scenes. Some smoking hot guys. Fast cars and fighting gangs. I also loved the secondary characters in this book. 

    I give this book 5 Stars Out of 5 and recommend it. I can't wait to read the next one!!! 



Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and my differ from others.


No comments:

Post a Comment