Friday, March 13, 2015

Chasing Claire {Book Review}


Title: Chasing Claire {Hells Saints MC}

Author: Paula Marinaro

Book Description:

Claire Winston knows she’s lucky to be alive—and even luckier to have the love and protection of a man like Prosper, her adoptive father and leader of the Hells Saints Motorcycle Club. Yet, try as she may, she can’t leave yesterday behind. She’s still haunted by Reno, the bad-boy biker her heart loves but her spirit fears. And she can’t seem to escape the terrifying memories of a night filled with blood, bullets, and brutality.

Hells Saints soldier Reno has tried everything with liquor and lace to get Claire off his mind. But he just can’t forget her freckles, her fierce fragility, and her tender heart. He knows he’s the only man who can give her the love she truly deserves.

As Claire and Reno spiral back into each other’s lives, they wonder if happiness is finally in their cards. But when violence once again explodes around them, Claire must decide if she really can trust Reno and commit to life with him—or if she’ll stay chained to her past forever.

My Review:

     This is a brand new author and MC series to me. Surprisingly with all the MC books that I read I had not heard of the 'Hells Saints'. I just happened to be surfing through my emails and found one of them that had new Netgalley books to read. And I saw the cover to this book and I thought "Wow a new MC series."
I always finding new authors and books. 

    Claire is a young woman who is fighting off demons that are keeping her awake at night. She's trying to come to term with things that happened with her and her sister and the things she had to do to keep alive. I really felt for Claire's character and her and her sisters backstory is heartbreaking. 

    I liked Reno a lot. He's the tattooed, bad boy, possessive, protective, hot, dirty talking alpha male we all want. But know we shouldn't have. Kind of like a sweet tooth, you know you should pass it up but for some reason you just have a piece. 

     As I said this is a new author and new series to me. I found it to be a enjoyable to read. Though I do believe the books in this series can be read as stand alones. It would probably be best to read them in order. Because there was obviously some stuff that was addressed in this book that had happened in the first. And even though I haven't read the first book, I felt the author did a good enough job explaining everything in this one. There were only a couple of times I was slightly confused. 

     I also really liked the secondary characters in this book.

     I give this book 3.5 Stars out of 5. I really want to read the next one. And I really need to go back and read the first one now!!!! 



           You can purchase Chasing Claire on Amazon


Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment