Thursday, February 1, 2018

Escapades {Book Review}


Title: Escapades
Series: Trident Ink Book 1
Author: Lilly Atlas
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Erotic Romance

Book Description:

Alyssa Jackson is one of the lucky ones. She has a thriving business, great friends, devoted husband, adorable daughter, and a scorching hot sex life that would be the envy of any married couple. Then, one tragic loss flips her world upside down. Floundering and unsure of how to cope with their grief, Alyssa and her husband drift apart until they are living as roommates instead of a deeply connected couple. Alyssa will do anything to get the intense passion back into her life and marriage, no matter how far out of the box she has to step.
If there is one thing tattoo shop owner Derek knows, it’s that once he set his sights on his wife, he never wanted another woman. Years together haven't begun to put a dent in his desire for her. But everything falls apart when the anguish of loss barges into their lives. Adrift in his own suffering, Derek doesn’t realize how damaged his marriage is until his wife forces him to confront their issues. Now, he’ll do whatever it takes to get their lives back on track, even if the plan seems outrageous.

My Review

I have been a fan of Mrs. Atlas' since her No Prisoners series. So this book not being MC I wasn't sure what to expect with it. But I knew it sounded good and I knew that I wanted to read it. I have to say this book is so so so different than her No Prisoners series. This book has so many emotions and feels. 

I loved loved loved Alyssa and Derek in this book. They honestly felt like a real couple to me. Like they could be my best friends. Are they the perfect couple? Of course not. They had their own troubles. They felt so real that I laughed with them, I cried with them, I felt their pain and struggles. And I cheered for them. 

I enjoyed this book from start to finish. Though I will say there were a few minor details to me that were missing from the story. But other than that I really enjoyed it. And I loved their best friends Roxie and Brent.

I'm giving this book 4.5 Stars out of 5!!!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.


No comments:

Post a Comment