Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Paco {Book Review}


Title: Paco
Series: Night Rebels MC
Author: Chiah Wilder
Genre: MC Romance

Book Description: 


Paco, the rugged VP of the Night Rebels MC, only stopped to get out of the rain and have some chow at the diner. He was headed back to Alina. He never intended on staying, but he saw her sitting alone at the booth next to his. She had on too much makeup and too little clothing for the cold wintry night.
Then she looked at him: her eyes were dark like an endless stretch of midnight sky. In their inky depths, he saw sorrow and pain and threads of fierceness. They drew him in.
He, the man who never looked past one night with a woman, wanted to know about this small woman sitting across from him.
Sensing she was in trouble, he wanted to help her. He knew he should just pay his bill, hop on his Harley, and head home, but he couldn’t. She grounded him, and in that one instant, he knew she’d be his. The urge to possess her consumed him.
Misty Sullivan hated the cold nights when she’d have to haul her ass from truck to truck to make enough to satisfy her boyfriend, Bobby. She used to have another name, but that was a long time ago when she was normal and life was good. She tried not to think about it anymore—it just made her life worse.
The stranger who stared at her didn’t look like a trucker. He was decked out in leather and denim, and he looked at her like she was a person, not a piece of a$$. But life experience told her he was probably just as bad as all the other men who came into her world.
Men couldn’t be trusted. They acted nice to get a woman where they wanted her, and then they turned mean and ugly.
But the stranger’s piercing stare didn’t frighten her, and that surprised her. A good-looking, sexy man like him could have any woman he wanted, so why was he wasting his time with her?
Then events threw them together and Misty had to decide if she should trust the man who was playing havoc with her heart.
Paco knew that the only way Misty could trust him was to face her past and deal with it. Would she let him help her before her past crashed with her present and destroyed her? Could he let her slip away from him?
This is the fifth book in the Night Rebels MC Romance series. This is Paco’s story. It is a standalone. This book contains violence, sexual assault (not graphic), strong language, and steamy/graphic sexual scenes. It describes the life and actions of an outlaw motorcycle club. If any of these issues offend you, please do not read the book. HEA. No cliffhangers! The book is intended for readers over the age of 18.

My Review

So I have been in love with Paco since the beginning of this series. I have been waiting for his book. And was so excited when I heard that he was finally getting his book. I couldn't wait to dive into it when it fell on my kindle. But I have to admit that's about where my excitement ends. 

I want to make it clear I loved Paco in this book. My love for him  didn't change. He was sweet, kind and caring. I loved how much he cared for his sister and nephew's. And he showed how sweet and kind he was to Misty/Chelsea. 

I liked Misty, aka Chelsea. The girl has not had an easy life for the past eight years. I felt for the girl. I really did. But I just never connected with her. 

As I said above I had been so excited for this book. But unfortunately it just kind of fell flat for me. I found myself skimming through a ton of it and I even found myself skimming through the smexy parts. Which was really sad to me. I also kind of felt it moved a bit slowly. 

I'm giving this book 3.5 Stars out of 5!!!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in the post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment