Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Finding the Light {Book Review}


Title: Finding the Light
Author: Kassidy Carter
Genre: Dark Romance

Book Description:

My life was full of darkness with no hope to see the light. I was spiraling out of control and heading in a direction I couldn't return from. Losing someone you loved can mess with you. It can change you into someone you’re not. It's what was happening. I was letting the dark win.

Until I saw her and her son. I let her in and vowed to protect her. She was changing me into the man I wanted to be, allowing me to right my wrongs. One thing I should have counted on was the past always coming back to haunt you. People you thought you could count on will hurt you.

Will the light find me?

*Recommend for 18+ due to Violence, language, and adult situations

My Review:

I have been waiting for this book ever since I finished Fighting the Darkness. It feels like that was forever ago, when in reality it was just a few month's ago. But I guess when you just want that next book it feels like forever ago. In Finding the Light we get Dan and Mallory's story. 

I have to say when we first meet Dan in Fighting the Darkness I didn't really like him all that much. But that was just at the beginning of the story. His character kind of just grows on you (well at least for me he did). In fact I grew to love him in Fighting the Darkness. If you haven't read the other book I don't want to give any spoilers away. But I just want to say there was a point there where I was really upset with Mrs. Carter. Anyway's I'm kind of rambling away about the other book when in fact I should be talking about this book. I think I've already mentioned how much I love that Dan got his own book. In this book we get to see more of the sweet, caring, protective and funny side to Dan. But we also get to see Dan still dealing with the aftermath of what happened to him and losing the girl he once thought he was in 'Love' with. I love that Dan found his match and Mallory, and loved the back and forth between them. 

Hmmm Mallory, what can I say about her? I have to say when I started reading this book I think I was kind of in a mood. So I was really unsure about Mallory's character. I won't say I disliked her, because that wasn't it at all. But as I just said I was unsure about her. Mallory is a young single mother who had received an anonymous letter stating the father of her child is in a certain town. She has been in the town for a while but isn't having any luck find the father of her young son Carter (which is probably for the best if you ask me). I did think that Mallory was independent and strong. Even though her character frustrated me at times, by the end of the book I understood where all of Mallory's decisions came from being a single parent and wanting to do the best for her child. And I just have to say I loved her little boy Carter. 

I really did enjoy every minute of this book. Were Dan and Mallory the perfect match for each other? No, not by any means. But I loved watching them go through real things together and working it out together. They felt like a real couple to me and not just some character's in a book. There were definitely some darker moments in this book. And there were some character's or should I say a character from the first book that I was ok with (and again without trying to give anything away), but in this book I just wanted to smack them. Of course I also loved seeing Mason and Rylee in this book.

I'm giving this book 4.5 Stars out of 5!!!!






Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the author for honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment