Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Unbreak My Heart {Book Review}


Title: Unbreak My Heart
Author: Nicole Jacquelyn
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

What do you do when your soul mate marries your best friend?

If you're Kate Evans, you keep your friend Rachel, bond with her kids, and bury your feelings for her husband. The fact that Shane's in the military and away for long periods helps-but when tragedy strikes, everything changes.

After Rachel, pregnant with her fourth child, dies in a car accident and the baby miraculously survives, Kate upends her entire life to share parenting duties. Then on the first anniversary of Rachel's death, Kate and Shane take comfort in each other in a night that they both soon regret.

Shane's been angry for a year, and now he feels guilty too – for sleeping with his wife's best friend and liking it…liking her.  Kate's ability to read him like a book may have once sent Shane running, but their lives are forever entwined and they are growing closer.


Now with Shane deployed for seven months, Kate is on her own and struggling with being a single parent. Shane is loving and supportive from thousands of miles away, but his homecoming brings a betrayal Kate never saw coming. So Kate's only choice is to fight for the future she deserves – with or without Shane…

My Review:

This was the first time I had read anything from this author. The book description is what really drew me in and made me want to read it. At the time I was kind of trying to get out of a book funk, and thought an this sounded like something that might get me out of a book funk. I love a good ole emotional, rip your heart out, make you cry read and again thought this would be it.....

    I finished this book in one setting. While this book did grab my attention and I will admit didn't make me want to put it down. And there was emotion there, I'm just not sure if it was all good emotions. And after having a few hours of thinking of this book I'm just not sure how I really feel about it. I have very mixed feelings on it which is making it very hard for me to write this review.

     Look I think Shane and Kate were great in there own ways..... But I'm just not sure Kate and Shane were great or meant for each other. Really throughout the whole book I felt No Connection between them. At times it just felt like the author was just trying to make them work. And their relationship was just kind of weird to me. They were ex-bestfriends slash semi-kinda related in a way, but not really. It was just really weird to me and I wouldn't have even mentioned it and let it go, if the author would've not kept bringing it up.

   I'm sorry I wanted to like Kate, I really did. But honestly if I think about it, throughout the whole book she was a doormat. She let Shane just run right over her and use her. Time and time again. 

   Shane, oh boy what can I say about Shane and not make home sound like an arsehole? Oh wait, he was an arsehole throughout the whole book..... I mean he did have a few moments where he was sweet..... Look I get he lost his wife and now was a single dad who was still an active military person. But that really doesn't excuse his behavior.

    You know writing this review has kind of gotten me madder and madder just thinking of this book. I think this could have been a great book had the author not written the characters the way they were. 

    I can only give this book 3.5 Stars out of 5!!!


DisclaimerI received an arc of this book for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment