Monday, June 27, 2016

Rough & Raw {Book Review}


Title: Rough & Raw
Series: Notorious Devils MC #2 
Author: Hayley Faiman 
Genre: MC Romance 

Book Description:

Brentlee Johnson-Corbin has always followed her mother's rules, even when it meant marrying a man she knew wasn't her happily-ever-after.

 Bates "Sniper" Lukin, a retired marine, now rides with the Notorious Devils—his street name earned in the deserts of hell. When the most precious part of Brentlee's world is threatened by the man who was meant to love them, she escapes to the only safe place she knows.

 But when she seeks the shelter of her sister, Kentlee, and her husband, Fury, her past steps in—and he's determined to protect Brentlee and her daughter as his own.

 Their story is one of love discarded, but Sniper won't waste this opportunity to right the wrongs of his past. Life has been cruel to them both, and Brentlee is certain that the love they lost is gone forever; but under his protective wing, she can't deny that this rough and raw man might be just the hope she needs.

My Review:

Wow, Rough and Raw is exactly what this book is. It's Rough and Raw. I have been sitting on this book review for a few weeks now. I was going to write it right away, but I got busy and just kind of pushed it away. I have to say as soon as this book showed up on my kindle, I stopped everything I was doing. I even stopped reading what I had been and dove right in to this book. 

I have to say even though as much as I loved Fury and Kentlee. I think I loved Bates and Brentlee just a little bit more. But I will say their relationship didn't come easily. Their relationship at times was messy and kept you wondering if they really belonged together. 

I have to say I loved Bates or Sniper in the first book. In this book though I wasn't sure how to really take him. At times I loved and adored him. I found him to be sweet and caring. I also at times this book I found I wanted to smack him at times also. 

I wasn't sure what to expect of Brentlee in this book. We meet her of course as Kentlee's sister in the first book. I found her to be strong, stronger than she thinks of herself. She got herself and her daughter out of a situation.

I loved this book from start to finish. And as much as I loved the first book, I have to say I think Brentlee and Bates just might be my favorite now. 

I'm giving this book 5 stars out of 5 and can't wait for the next one!!!!

Disclaimer: I received an arc of this book from enticing journey book promotions for my honest opinion. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment