Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Honor Anthology {Book Reviews}


Title: Honor Anthology
Author: Emily Snow, Chelsea Camaron, MJ Fields, Daryl Banner, Lacey Black, S.M. Donaldson, Misha Elliott, Ellie Keys, Amanda Lanclos, Ryan Michele, and Dawne Walters



For Memorial Day 2016, eleven authors have come together to honor those who lost their lives while defending our freedom. Enjoy eleven brand new military-themed stories, which may contain a few familiar faces. 

Through happiness, struggles, love, loss, appreciation, and sorrow, these stories will leave you red hot and wanting more. 

All proceeds from the sales of The Honor Anthology will be donated to the Honor the Sacrifice charity. 
*Contains adult language and content not suitable for readers under the age of 18* 

My Review:

I love reading anthologies, but I just never know how to write a review on them. I always feel like anthologies give you a chance to discover new authors. Or maybe find a different genre from an author you already like. 

Since I always have a hard time writing reviews on anthologies I'll just do it this way, this time. And give you reviews on my top four.

A Place to Call Home by Lacey Black:

This author was a brand new author to me. So I was very interested to read this book and see if I liked it. Well I did.... This book grabbed my attention at the start and my heart broke for the characters. I thought it was really well written and had a nice flow. I will definitely have to check out other books from this author.

Serving My Solider by Chelsea Camaron:

Chelsea Camaron is one of my favorite authors and I will read anything that comes out by her. I will say when I first started reading this story I of course had no idea who the characters were going to be. But as I read something's became familiar to me. And I thought hmmm, I recognized some of the people's names mentioned. 

It was than I realized that the female Gretchen in this book was a character from Mrs. Cameron's newest release In The Red {Devil's Due MC}. Well she wasn't really a character so much, but we knew of her in that book because of Dover.

I was glad to see that Gretchen was finally getting her happily ever after. And even though really didn't get to see her and Gus together. We did get to see them communicate and they seemed perfect for each other.

Sergio by SM Donaldson:

This story by SM Donaldson will take you on an emotional rollercoaster ride. I will admit at first I was sort of confused with what was going on. But I caught up very quickly. It is also the only story that brought me to tears in this anthology.

I don't want to give anything away but my heart broke for Sergio. 

Courageous by Ryan Michele:

Last but not least, this book from another one of my favorite authors. I think this one was probably my favorite out of all the stories in this anthology. 

I loved both Gabby and Xander and felt for both characters. I think Mrs. Michele did an excellent job of writing the hardships that some soldiers have when they come back home. 

I also love that these characters tie into her new Vipers Creed series and we got to see some of those characters.


So those were my top four stories out of the anthology. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the other stories also. But those are the ones that just stuck out to me.

I'm giving this book 5 out of 5 stars!!!!






Disclaimer: I received an arc of this book from enticing journey book promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment