Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Your Heart to Keep {Book Review}


Title: Your Heart to Keep

Author: Amanda Mackey

Book Description

We don’t choose fate. It chooses us. Or so we are led to believe. 
Holly Jenkins is about to receive a new heart, thanks to a donor match from accident victim, Chloe McQuade. 

The victim’s boyfriend, Bad boy Jax, is angry and grieving for his lost love. He hates everything and everyone, including Holly. It isn’t until he meets her that he realizes there is something about her he can’t explain. 

Could it be the beating heart of his dead girlfriend - the very one he owned, that calls to him? 

Is the intense pull towards Jax coming from Holly’s own emotions or are they Chloe’s?

 And why is she suddenly craving things she never did before? 

How do they decide what’s real and what’s not? 

Is fate at play or is it something more? 

My Review:

     Oh this book, what can I say about this book? Well just so nobody thinks it's a bad thing that I can't come up with anything. I only have good things to say about this book. This book grabbed me from the beginning and held me through the end. The author took me on a roller coaster of emotions through this book and when you thought it was done. She took you right back through them. So just as a warning you may or may not want some tissues and ice cream.

     Oh Jaxon, sweet sweet Jaxon. I loved Jax right away. He's a sweet, sexy and caring, clean cut guy. Who seems to have a rough edge to him. And he's obviously caring around the guilt of the death of his girlfriend Chloe. Even though it wasn't his fault at all. I just wanted to reach through the book and hug him as if he were real.

     I have to admit I really liked Holly. She's a young woman who is getting a second chance at life, because of Jaxon's deceased girlfriend. I loved how Holly had obviously come to terms with all of her disabilities, as they seemed to come later in life for her. Instead of being angry, she took everything in stride and kept a positive attitude.  

     This was an enjoyable read that flowed easily. And as I said earlier will take you on an emotional roller coaster. It made me laugh at times and made me teary-eyed.  I loved the characters, and even the secondary characters played a big part in this book and we're enjoyable. 

     I'm giving Your Heart to Keep 4.5 Stars Out of 5 and can't wait to read more from this author. 






                               You can purchase Your Heart to Keep on Amazon


Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment