Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Killer {Book Review}


Title: Killer

Author: Clarissa Wild

Genre: Dark Romance Suspense

Book Description:

Clarissa Wild brings you KILLER, a dark romantic suspense prequel to STALKER. 

Some secrets are meant to stay hidden … 
Secrets could kill you. My husband is the prime example. 

I’m a trophy wife. Someone’s prized possession, just there to be pretty. My dreams were pushed aside for his. Until one fateful night, one chance encounter, all his dirty secrets were exposed. 
And then my supposed husband is killed. 
I should be sad, but all I feel is anger. My husband is a lying, cheating bastard. And if that isn’t bad enough, I’m now the prime suspect for his murder. 

Only his brother believes I'm innocent, and in his support, I find relief. However, I will find the real killer and bring him to justice ... before he tries to end my life too. 


WARNING: This book contains strong language, explicit situations, and disturbing content. 

My Review:

     So I know this is the prequel to the book Stalker. But I'm going to be honest here and say I actually haven't been able to read Stalker yet. I've been meaning to but just haven't been able to get it yet. So does that make a difference with my review. I'm going to say no, maybe other people will disagree. But I actually liked that I got to read the prequel first, instead of the other way around. 

     Now I will say that this book is a quick read. But it grabs your attention right away and holds it through to the end. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. Yes it definitely is a darker read, of course I'm not sure if it's as dark as the other one. And since I haven't read the other one the suspense definitely kept me on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next. 

    The characters Vanessa and Phoenix were definitely captivating. This book definitely made me want to get to know these characters better than I do. 

     I'm giving Killer 4 out of 5 Stars and I'm
definitely going to be checking out Stalker now!!!! 


              You can purchase Killer on Amazon

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Give Me Books for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment