Monday, June 15, 2015

Beat {Book Review}


Title: Beat

Author: Vi Keeland 

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

Dimpled smile of a boy
Hard body of a man
Sings like an angel
Fucks like the devil

I was stuck between a rock(star) and a hard place.

At fifteen, his poster hung on my bedroom wall. At twenty-five his body hovered over mine. Every girl's fantasy became my reality. I was dating a rockstar. Yet I was slowly falling for another man. The problem was--the two men--they shared a tour bus.

Flynn Beckham was the opening act.
Dylan Ryder was the headliner.

What happens when the opening act begins to shine so bright, it seems to dim everything else in its wake?

I'll tell you what happens. Things get ugly.


Author's note - Beat is a full-length standalone novel. Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.

My Review:

     I first have to say I'm a huge fan of Vi Keeland's and usually can't wait for her next release. I like a good Rocker Romance, just as much as I like other books. The synopsis of this book is what grabbed my attention and I couldn't wait to read this book.

     And unfortunately for me that's where my excitement for this book ended. Now before anyone thinks I'm complaining or saying this book is bad. That's not what I'm saying at all, in fact I'm sure it's really good. I'm not sure what it was but I just couldn't get into it. I felt like the story was dragging and there was just not much happening. I mean I got to chapter 8 which is at about 37 percent, and I just couldn't do it anymore and it took my four days to get that far.

     I didn't feel any connection to either of the characters. So with that being said I'm only able to give this book 3 out of 4 stars. I guess Beat just fell flat for me.



                                  You can purchase Beat on Amazon

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from TRSOR Promotions for my honest . The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment