Thursday, June 4, 2015

A Secret to Keep {Book Review}


Title: A Secret to Keep

Author: Railyn Stone

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

Keeping secrets is a horrible way to live. Sloane Davis should know. 
She’s kept her son a secret from his father for almost a year. 

Now, her worst nightmare is coming true. Her ex is re-entering her professional life in the midst of the biggest project of her career. She's about to come face to face with the only man she’s ever loved - her son’s father. 

Gates McCall is a brash man. He hasn’t always been this way, but when Sloane walked out on him, something inside him broke. When his company's newest acquisition brings the two of them together once more, little does he know seeing her will bring back a flood of memories, feelings, and an unexpected surprise. 

My Review:

This is the second book by author Railyn Stone. And I couldn't wait to get my grubby little hands on her next book, after reading her debut novel The Christmas Tree Guy. I was so happy to have a chance to review this book and I loved A Secret to Keep just as much. Mrs. Stone definitely has a fan in me.

I have to say I have a love/hate or not really hate, but extreme dislike relationship with Sloan. She was definitely a character that was strong, independent, fierce and protective. She obviously cared very much for her friends and her aunt. And would do anything for her baby boy. But there were other times I wanted to reach in the book and shake her, because she was being so stubborn. But by the end of the book I was liking her again.

I loved Gates character. He's tall, dark and sexy. Doesn't hurt either that he runs his own business. I just loved everything about him. Even when I probably shouldn't have and he was being a semi-jerk. Though I wouldn't have expected him to act any differently after finding out about his son.

This book touched a special place with me by the end of it. I went through something similar with one of my children, that Sloan and Gates go through with their son Brayden. It made the book and characters feel more relatable, at least to me. This book made me laugh and made me teary-eyed. There was second chances, finding each other again. And no book would be complete without a little bit of drama. I also loved the secondary characters in this book, they played a huge part in Sloan and Gates life's. They showed they were loyal and you don't have to be related by blood to be family.

I'm giving A Secret to Keep 4.5 Stars Out of 5 and would definitely recommend it!!!!

        
                        You can purchase A Secret to Keep on Amazon


Disclaimer: I received an  ARC of  this book from the author and or publisher for my honest review.  The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment