Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Dash {Book Review}


Title: Dash

Author: Shantel Tessier

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description

I’ve never been one to follow the rules…or the law, for that matter. But when you find yourself behind bars and being offered the opportunity of a lifetime, you take it. I agreed to race motorcycles for Johnny Knight. A very powerful man who wanted me on his team, even knowing I was a liability. But will he still feel that way once he finds out that I had a one-night stand with his daughter? I didn’t mean for it to happen. I didn’t even know who she was until she walked into his office wearing my shirt from the night before. Too bad that was all she wanted—one night. It didn’t really matter who she was, I wanted more. So when she ran, I followed. I should have let her go. That would have been best for both of us. But I have never done what was right, so why start now? I’ve always been willing to take a risk, no matter what it would cost me. And I knew she was worth it all.

I’m Erik Dashling; you can call me Dash. This is my story of how I willingly risked one dream for another. But everyone knows that not all dreams come true.

My Review:

      I honestly don't know how to start this review.  I don't even know if I have words for this review. I will say this is the first book I have read from this author. I have been sitting on this review for a week and two days. And this book has been with me the whole time. I can't really remember a time a book actually stuck with me that long. I mean sure books have stuck with me but at most a few days. 

     I loved Eric/Dash, as he likes to go by, right away. He tries to be your typical cocky bad boy. But underneath it all he's sweet, caring,  sexy. You can definitely tell there's more to him than he let's on. And when he finally opens up you can't help but feel for him.

     I had mixed feelings about Tabatha at first. She kind of first comes off as spoiled. But than as we get to know her more you can tell, as with Dash, there's more to her. She's confident, caring, sweet. By the end I had really came to like her and my heart broke for her.

     Ok so I think I've done really good not giving away any spoilers.  Which is much harder than one would think, especially with this book. And hopefully I won't give away too much in this part. Author Shantel Tessier made this book and these characters feel real. Dash and Tabatha's relationship went through so many ups and downs they felt like a real couple. This book made me smile, made me laugh. Than turned around and ripped my heart out and shredded it. I was so emotional for several days after this book.  I will say I also liked the secondary characters,  ok well most of the secondary characters.  

     I'm giving this book 4.5 Stars out of 5 and make sure you have plenty of tissues on hand!!!!!






                   You can purchase Dash on Amazon


Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment