Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Cocky {Book Review}


Title: Cocky 
Series: A Spartan Rider's Book 5
Author: JC Valentine
Genre: MC Romance

Book Description

The cosmically designed conclusion to the Spartan Riders series.

They've been through hell and back and have the scars to prove it.

Kade "Moose" Hunter doesn't tolerate drama. He's cocky, unapologetic, and all about the quiet side of life.

That's why Mouse fits him so well.

Angel "Mouse" Grace isn't like the other women hanging around the club. She's sweet and gentle, and when Moose gets her engines revving, her passion burns bright. She's the yin to his yang, and Moose is almost certain she's the one, but life is never that easy for a Spartan.

The catch? Their town is falling apart. A cesspool of crime and addiction, the Spartans face yet another challenge: confront crime lord Manuel Contreras and risk war, or worse, death. When Angel's kid sister rolls into town and takes a shine to the Spartan's mortal enemy, Moose is torn between doing what's best for his family…and what's best for his love life.

Will he be able to strike a balance, or lose everyone he cares about in the process?


"Cocky" is the thrilling conclusion that Spartan Riders fans have been waiting for. Filled with darkness, pain, beauty, and laughter, the ending to this saga packs a bittersweet punch that's guaranteed to please.

My Review:

Ok I'm going to be completely honest here and say I didn't realize this was going to be the very last book in this series. I also have to say although this is not my first book by Mrs. Valentine, this is the first book I have read in this particular series. So even though this say's its a stand alone and can be read as such, I would probably suggest going back and reading the other books first so you know what's going on. 

I have to say that I really enjoyed Kade "Moose" Hunter. You could tell that he was a good guy, loyal to the brotherhood, honest, sweet, kind, caring. He was a man that was rough around the edges, but you could also tell had a softer side to him also. 

I thought Angel "Mouse" Grace is just as her description describes her. I thought she sweet, shy, kind. And is falling for Moose. But her wayward sister brings trouble to her doorstep and she is quite sure if she wants to involve Moose or his club. 

I really enjoyed this book. I liked how Moose and Mouse worked through their issues. This book I guess you could say was an Epic ending to a series, especially if you've read the other books in this series. This book didn't lack any drama or smexiness, that wasn't over the top. 

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5!!!! 

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from IndieSage PR for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment