Monday, August 6, 2018

Wrecked {Book Review}


Title: Wrecked
Series: Charming Knights #1
(Stand-alone series)
Author: Shana Vanterpool
Genre: Upper YA

Book Description

Welcome to Charming High.
Sorry, we’re fresh out of charm …

Hallie:

I am a star.
I’m not famous, before you make that mistake.
Although, I guess I kind of am. Or I will be anyway. My future was planned long before I was born.
The definition of a star is a fixed luminous point in the night sky that is an incandescent body like the sun.
I am a star. I am fixed. I am luminous only when no one is looking. I was stuck to repeat the same night every single day.
Until I met Wreck. And he showed me how alive I could feel within my cage.


Wreck:
I am a knight.
I’m not a knight in shining armor, before you start thinking I’ll save you.
I am a knight in raging darkness.
Until I met Hallie. And she showed me how to break free of my battle-torn armor.

Wrecked is the first book in the Charming Knights series by Shana Vanterpool. An exhilarating upper YA contemporary romance series set deep in the lives of Charming High’s most beloved football team. Where the limits of good and evil are pushed, desires and dreams are twisted, and readers are immersed into the lives of people who have it all. Except their freedom…

My Review:

So this is the first time I have read by author Shana Vanterpool. I've passed some of her other books before and thought, hmmmm those look good I should read them, but I've just not had the time to actually stop and read anything by her yet. I also have to say that I'm not a big reader of young adult books, I'm mean I'll read them. But I just don't go out of my way to read them. But something about this one just jumped out or stuck out to me and made me want to read it. 

Now usually this is where I seperate my reviews and talk about the two character's by themselves. But I think I'm going to talk about them together this time. 

Oh Hallie and Wreck.... Wreck and Hallie.... These two were born into a life of privalage, fortune, secrets, lies..... These two probably didn't stand a chance staying apart from each other. They were destined to be together. I felt for both of them, having the families they did. I really liked Wreck when he would let his walls down and just be himself and let Hallie see the real him. I also really liked Hallie. 

I really enjoyed this book, I thought it pulled you in from the beginning to the end. I didn't want to stop turning the pages. I felt myself loving the angst and drama in this book. I hated their parents for them and everything they put Wreck and Hallie through. But I also found myself at times really trying to figure out what was going on. I wouldn't say I was confused, but I definitely felt like at times I was reading between the lines more than needed to be read between and that maybe the facts were right in front of my face. But I really did enjoy this book and can't wait for more. 

I'm giving this book 4.5 Stars out of 5!!!!




Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment