Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The Lies Between Us {Book Review}


Title: The Lies Between Us {A Devil's Dust MC Novel}

Author: M.N. Forgy

Book Description

Cherry’s life growing up was nothing short of a nightmare. Having an abusive father forced her to fend for herself from an early age. Bruised and emotionally broken, she finally escaped, running straight into the comfort that Lip's arms brought. In the beginning, everything seemed to fall into place perfectly. He made her forget the messed-up ways of her life. But secrets can’t stay neglected. They have a habit of revealing themselves regardless of the consequences. Terrified, Cherry can’t speak a word or she’ll lose it all.

Lip is no stranger to the criminal life. Growing up among convicts, he wanted nothing more than to show his worth. He’ll do anything for the club without question, including serving six years in prison. But nobody could have predicted life’s plan. Rugged, tattooed, and wanting nothing more than to have Cherry, Lip is no longer the man whom Cherry remembers. After his release, he came out a beast with more secrets and lies than his cage could hold.

My Review:

    Why yes sir, the Devil's Dust gang is all back and back with a bang. I have been waiting for Lip and Cherry's book for what feels like forever (ok really it hasn't been that long but it sure feels like it). I have to say this book blew me away.

    I loved seeing Cherry and Lip's characters like this and getting to know them better. I have to say that so far through the series that Cherry and especially Lip, have remained a mystery. I mean we have gotten to know Cherry a little bit through the other books but not much.

    I really liked Cherry in this book. She's independent, a survivor, a fighter, and sassy. I have a better understanding of why is she the way she is. Everything she does is just so she can get her daughter back.

    I have to say in the other books we would hear Lip's name. But in this book we get to know him before and after jail. I have to say I just loved him.

    I have to say I loved this book and it blew me away. This book made me laugh, made me teary-eyed, had me frustrated with the characters at times. And trying not to give to much away but some of the revelations in the book I wasn't expecting and left me shocked. 

    I'm giving this book 5 out of 5 stars and can't wait for the next one!!!!!!





Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from          for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment