Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Burning Ember {Book Review}


Title: Burning Ember

Author: Darby Briar

Book Description:

The last thing she needs after running from one monster is to land in the lair of the Devil.

Twenty-one year old Ember flees her past with soot on her face, ash in her hair, and a promise. She’ll never let another man take away her freedom and treat her like she means nothing. But that is exactly what Maverick Gunn, leader of the notorious Harbinger’s of Chaos Motorcycle Club seeks to do from the moment his lethal gaze locks on her. He burns her with every look. Every touch. Every word. Ember’s only hope is to convince him she’s nothing like the woman who blackened his soul before he drags her down into the darkness with him.

My Review:

     This was a great debut from author Darby Briar. As anyone knows from reading my past reviews on MC books, I'm quite picky when it comes to them. But ever since I first heard about this book it caught my attention and I knew I had to read it. 

     I liked Ember. She's running from her past and finds herself running into some situations. She finds herself making some choices that others may not choose if in the same situation. Even though Ember is a younger character,  she she strong, smart, funny and sassy.

    Alright I will readily admit I was unsure about Maverick at first. I found myself having  love/hate feelings for him. I think the first half of the book I wanted to smack him. But after finding his backstory my heart broke for him. I liked him much better the last half of the book.

     Both Ember and Maverick had demons on their shoulders that they were fighting. And they had unbelievable chemistry right off the bat. I really enjoyed this book and also liked most of the secondary characters in the book.

     I'm giving this book 4 out of 5 stars and can't wait for the next one!!!!!       




Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Love Between the Sheets for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment