Tuesday, September 8, 2015

The End Game {Book Review}


Title: The End Game

Author: Kate McCarthy

Genre: New Adult / Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

“Professional athletes are pillars of their respective communities. They are heroes in the eyes of boys and girls and are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that positively represents their community.”
The public loves a good scandal. Seeing someone fall from the pinnacle of success makes a great headline. No one knows that better than I do. What started out as a promising career in college football, spiraled into scandal and shame.
But being a hero is easier said then done. Especially when there are those who expected to see the great Brody Madden fail. I craved nothing except being the best—willing to do anything to prove them wrong. But I went too far, and I tried too hard, and it broke me.
“At the time of going to print, Jordan Elliott was unavailable for comment.”
I met Brody Madden in my senior year of college. An Australian native on an international scholarship, I was the female soccer sensation with stars in her eyes and no room for a hotshot wide receiver with a chip on his shoulder.
But a heart bursting with ambition and a driving fire to succeed isn’t made of stone. I became his strength, his obsession, and the greatest love of his life. Only I wasn’t there when he needed me most.
This is a story about love and a game that takes everything. Where the path to glory is paved with sacrifice. Where pressure makes you, or breaks you, and triumph is born in the ashes of failure. Where two people’s end game will change everything.

My Review:

     You know when I first started reading this book I really had no expectations going into it. Except for that it was most likely going to be a sweet lighthearted romance. Also I really liked the synopsis and like sports romances, that's what really drew me into wanting to read this book. Gosh if I had known than how wrong I'd be. Let me say this book blew me away and was totally unexpected. It was heartbreaking, heart wrenching,  touching and beautiful. 

     I really liked Jordan. She's a young foreign exchange student finishing her senior year of college in Texas, on a soccer scholarship. Even though she's left behind the only family she has left, her twin brother. She's independent, fun, loving, caring, focused. Jordan knows what she wants and she's not going to let anything or anyone distract that.

      Oh Brody, Brody, Brody..... My heart broke through most of this story for him. He's independent, sweet,  caring and just trying to make it through on his own. Trying to get through college with his disability and really no support, except for an uncle and cousin. He really thinks all he has is football. That is until he meets Jordan. 

      As I said at the beginning of this review this book blew me away. This book pulled me in from the beginning and held me to the end. Mrs. McCarthy wrote a beautifully wonderful story, but not just that but she made these characters come to life. She made Jordan and Brody feel like real people. Everything they went through was believable. Mrs. McCarthy also took a dark topic and wrote it tastefully. This book made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me fall in love with these characters.  

      I'm giving this book 5 out of 5 stars and would highly recommend it. It's definitely a must read and might be one of my favorites of this year!!!!!



    You can purchase The End Game on Amazon USAmazon UKAmazon AUB & NKoboiBooks and Smashwords



Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Give Me Books for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment