Friday, September 25, 2015

Doing It For Love {Book Review}



Title: Doing It For Love 

Author: Cassie Mae

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description

Cassie Mae's charming, sexy new novel, perfect for fans of Emma Chase, puts a steamy twist on modern love as one bride-to-be tries to put the spark back in the bedroom-by any means necessary.

Elizabeth Fanning's life looks pretty perfect, judging by the diamond ring on her finger. Her fiancé, Landon, is sweet, handsome, and hilarious. The trouble is, before they've even tied the knot, their sex life has gone from mind-blowing to "meh"-and Liz isn't ready to be part of an old married couple. After a cathartic call to her best friend, Liz comes up with a brilliant idea. She and Landon may never be able to re-create the magic of their first time, but how amazing would their wedding night be if everything below the neck was off-limits until then?


Liz thinks it'll bring them closer together. Landon's convinced she'll cave first. So they raise the stakes: Whoever lasts longer gets to pick their honeymoon destination. With her heart set on the Bahamas and Landon fighting for snowbound Utah, Liz simply has to win. But pretty soon, her body is screaming for attention, and Landon's never seemed so far away. Has Liz's experiment backfired? Losing their little competition would be frustrating-but the one thing she can't afford to lose is him.

My Review:

    If you want a laugh out loud, feel good book than Doing It For Love is probably the book for you. I had been looking for a book recently that was a lighter read than I had been reading. I found that lighter read in this book. I don't think I've laughed as much reading a book as I did with this book.

     I actually loved Liz, which is uncommon for me. I always seem to have a hard time connecting to the lead female in a book. But I loved Liz. She was smart, funny and witty. I loved her attitude through the whole book.

     I loved Landon. He was sweet, caring and funny also.  He definitely knew how to get Liz going. I also felt for him, with his family and than trying to make the right decisions about his career.

     I really enjoyed this book. I thought that the author did a wonderful job of navigating through Liz and Landon's relationship. The author made these characters feel real and their relationship real. And as I said I haven't laughed as much through a book as I did in this one (and not in a bad way).

     I'm giving this book 4.5 Stars out of 5. If you like sweet, lightheaded and funny reads than this book is definitely for you!!!!!



        You can purchase Doing It For Love on Amazon


Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment