Wednesday, September 30, 2015

More Than Lies {Book Review}


Title: More Than Lies

Author: N.E. Henderson

Genre: New Adult

Book Description

NO ONE IS PERFECT. 
I wish I could scream it at them, but no one will listen to me. Instead, they choose to ignore me by making me into something I’m not. I try to make them happy, but no matter how hard I try it’s not good enough. I make good grades. Hell, I was top of my class senior year, but things happen. We make sacrifices for people important to us. My parents wouldn’t understand that. Instead, they say I could be better. I’m Taralynn Evans, the good girl to everyone else, but to my parents I fall short. To most I have curves, to them I'm fat. I want them to be happy with my imperfections, but you know what? I’m tired of giving and getting nothing in return. So screw them. The only one that I want to see me for who I am is him. 

When tragedy strikes her in the worst way, she finds herself bargaining in distress, trying to find reason and rationality in what’s set before her, but will he give in when in most cases the good girl never gets the bad boy? 

INK. SEX. LIES. LOYALTY. 
Those are the things that define me, and my life. I do me. Nothing else matters. I'm Shawn Braden and I don’t need anyone’s approval, nor do I seek it. I’m comfortable with the man I am. The only thing that haunts my dreams are those sapphire eyes that remind me of midnight. I will shut it down every single time. I can’t have her. She deserves more than what I’m after. The problem is that sometimes life is a bitch. That curveball was nowhere in sight, but now that it’s been thrown—my life may never be the same. 

My Review:

    I will admit that this is the first book I have read from N.E. Henderson. I wasn't sure what to expect from this book. But I thought that the synopsis sounded interesting. This book will pull you in and hold your attention. The characters will hold your attention. 

     I liked Taralynn. She was sweet, caring, funny and had a bit a sass. I also really felt for her and my heart broke for her at one point. 

    Oh Shawn. I wasn't sure what to make of Shawn at first. He hides behind being a co*ky arsehole. But underneath it all you can tell he was a sweet guy. 

     I really enjoyed this book. It grabbed my attention and held it. My heartbroke for these characters at times. There were secrets and lies that were I don't want to say were exactly shocking, but you could kind of see coming. But that it didn't take from the story.

    I'm giving this book 4 out of 5 Stars!!!!! 



Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Belles Bookin' It Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment