Sunday, May 17, 2015

Witches Be Burned {Book Review}



Title: Witches Be Burned 

Author: Stacey Kennedy

Genre: Paranormal Romance 

Book Description:

 Nexi Jones has lost her family, she’s been stripped of her guardian duties, and she’s still learning the ins and outs of white magic. At least she has Kyden, the smoldering hot elite guardian who’s been there for her every step of the way. But just as Nexi completes her training, tragedy strikes the Otherworld when a fellow guardian is murdered by a group of rogue vampires. Ready or not, she and Kyden trek into the Earthworld to hunt down a killer—and Nexi alone will be put to the ultimate test.
 
Although Kyden knows that Nexi must fight her own battles, his guardian instincts are raging as he struggles to keep her close. The ruthlessness of these vampires is like nothing he’s ever seen. And at their helm is the Black Witch Astoria, a demon with one burning desire: to shed Nexi’s blood in the name of vengeance. What troubles Kyden even more, though, is the warlock who covets Nexi’s heart. Let the devil do his worst . . . all Kyden can do is love and protect Nexi until his last breath.

My Review:
    I am admitily a huge Stacey Kennedy fan. Especially ever since I found her club sin series. But this is the first time I have read and checked out any of her paranormal stuff. So I wasn't sure what to expect going into it. I'm kind of picky when it comes to paranormal reads. Mrs. Kennedy didn't disappoint with this book. This was a quick, fast and hot read. 
     I have to say though I was not a fan of Nexi's. I tried to like her character, I really did. But there was just something about her I just couldn't like. I guess I just didn't really connect with her. Now I'm not saying I didn't like her through the whole thing, in fact I liked her at the beginning. I even felt for her in the beginning as she was trying to figure out where she belonged in this new world and life. But somewhere in the middle I started finding she was just a bit, I'm not even sure. 
     I did really like Kyden though. He's protective, powerful, hot and sexy. And you could tell how much her cared about Nexi.
     This book was a good paranormal read. That started off with a bang and moved quickly. The secondary characters were very likable. And the smexy scenes were hot and fast. 
    I'll give this book 4 out of 5 stars and can't wait for the next one. 

  You can purchase Witches Be Burned on Amazon and B & N.


Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment