Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Deep Down (Lockhart Brothers Book 1) {Book Review}


Title: Deep Down {Lockhart Brothers: Book One}

Author: Brenda Rothert 

Genre: Comtemporary Romamce

Book Description:

I’m falling. 
Faster. 
Further. 
Deeper. 

Sometimes you fall so hard you can’t get back up. My closest companions now are shame and loss. But a sliver of hope lies in the only person I have left in this world – the one who’s growing inside me.
 
Survival becomes living again because of my child, and the town where I begin anew. That’s where I meet the man who starts to melt the ice inside my heart. 

As we get closer, reminders of my past become sharper. Clearer. To confront the pain, I have to discover what’s deep down inside me. Is there enough left there to become whole again, or am I too wounded to heal? 

**Warning** This book has mature content that some readers may find troubling. It is intended for readers 18 and up.

My Review:

   Ok I have been sitting on this review for almost a whole week now. And I'm still not sure I have the right words for this book. I will warn you though, this book is not going to be everybody's cup of tea. One word that makes me think of this book is powerful. This book deals with a very dark and touchy subject that will probably get people talking or could be triggers for others. I have to say I can read most anything and it doesn't bug me. But this book it's going to make you made, it's going to make you cry, it might even make you slightly sick. I know it did me, by the end of the first part of the book I wasn't even sure I wanted to continue reading.

    That being said I have to say I really liked Ivy. She's a fighter and a survivor with everything she's been through. She's made something of herself, even though it might not have been her original plans. But she's still made something for her and son after leaving her hometown. She's gone on and kept on fighting when she could have so easily given up.

  I really loved Reed in this book. He was sweet and caring, and a no nonsense kind of guy. He knows what he wants and he goes after it.  

   Like I said I'm really at a loss as what to say about this book, without giving anything away. Expect for what I already said at the beginning of this review. So that being said.....

I'm giving this book 4.5 Stars out of 5 and can't wait for the next one in the Lockhart series!!!!



Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the author. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment