Monday, May 4, 2015

Devil On Your Back {Book Review}


Title: Devil On Your Back {A Butcher Boys Novel}

Author: Max Henry

Book Description:

When all you have left is choice, how do you ensure you make the right one? I thought that losing my family was the linchpin to my suffering; the thing which would forever hold my head under the dark waters of regret. But I was wrong … so wrong. 

What doesn’t kill us makes us stronger, and what threatens us only serves to feed the beast. My boy is in trouble, and it’s time this father stood up for what he should have a long time ago. Only, after years of believing I deserved to spend my days alone, punishing myself for the mistakes I made, I’ve finally found the truth—her. 

When she needs me as much as my son, how will I decide which path to take? Will I be doomed to forever make the wrong choice? And will I, once again, lose everything I love and drown in my regret?

My Review:

    So I know... I know my review is like a week late and I truely apologize for that. When I had finished Devil You Know, I didn't realize that Devil On Your Back was going to be about Alice's, aka Malice's dad. I thought it was going to be about one of the other boys. But I was really happy when I did realize that it was going to be about Vince. I really felt like there was so much more behind his character and story than we found out in Malice's story. And of course in Malice's story it was from his POV. 

    And boy was I not mistaken. I have to say right from the start I really felt for Vince. He's a man who made some mistakes after losing his wife. Which was understandable. 

    I loved Vince right away. Even though at times he wanted to give up and messed up as a father. I think he was strong. Because he kept on living and realized his mistakes and was trying to make them right. 

    I also loved Sonya... What can I say? Sonya was a sweetheart, caring, understanding. She also understood the dark place that Vince lived in losing her own husband.

     I loved this book. It was nice to see a father and son finally get reunited and get to know each other again. I also loved seeing Vince and Sonya's relationship start and grow. Both of them realizing that they don't have to forget their spouses who are gone. But realizing that they can love again. There of course was a bit of drama. And there were some smoking hot sexy scenes with Vince and Sonya.

    I'm giving this one 4 Out of 5 Stars and can't wait for the next one!!!




Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment