Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Forbidden (Death Dealers Book One) {Book Review}


Title: Forbidden {Death Dealers MC Book 1}

Author: Alana Sapphire

Book Description:

18+ for explicit language and sexual situations. Book 1 in a series. **NOT A STANDALONE** 

**RAVEN** 
The last thing I want is to get tangled in my sister’s way of life. We share blood but we couldn't be more different. I'm into books, art, and music while she's a stripper and motorcycle club whore. I've vowed to stay as far away from that life as I can, but Gage, the club's sexy President has set his sights on me. From our very first meeting he made his intention clear – he wants me in his bed. Well, he put it a little more crudely. He’s a foul-mouthed, arrogant, domineering, infuriating biker who just wants to use my body but I can’t help my attraction to him. Even if I wanted to give in to him, I can’t. He's off limits. No matter how much I want him, I can never have him. He's forbidden. 

**GAGE** 
I'm the President of the Death Dealers MC. My road name is Reaper. Wanna guess how I got it? Yeah, no one messes with me. I live for my club, my family, and getting chicks. I don’t do relationships. Women throw themselves at me, and if they're lucky, I'll give them a couple orgasms and a life-long memory. It’s easy. That is, until I met Raven. I wanted her the moment I saw her but I can’t have her – at least not yet. She’s different from the women I’m used to and I’m caught between wanting her and not wanting to corrupt her. I should stay away from her but how can I? They say forbidden fruit is the sweetest and I’m dying for a taste.

My Review:

     I have to say this is the first time I have read anything by this author and can I just say WOW. This book honestly blew me away.  I'm not even sure I can come up with the right words for a review.  I'm not sure what I expected when I went into reading this book. But it definitely wasn't what I got while reading,  again in a good way. I will give you a warning though this book ends on a cliffhanger. So if you don't like cliffhangers you may want to wait to read until the next one comes out!!!!

     I loved Gage right away. He's not your typical MC leader. He's kind of your boy next door type with his looks. He was also kind, sweet, and caring. I'm sure there's a darker side to him which we didn't see much of. But he made references to that darker side several times. I also have to say he showed great restraint when it came to Raven. 

     Oh boy what can I say about Raven?!?! I liked her, than I didn't,  than I did. So I guess you can say I had a love/strong dislike relationship with her. She's strong and independent,  and quite brash. And she definitely doesn't have a problem with letting people know how she feels about something. At other times I felt she was just a bit more stubborn than I like. Also at times I felt her attitude was a bit childish, but I guess that's expected since she is only a teenager.

     Besides the mixed feelings I have about Raven, I did really enjoy this book. And as I said before I definitely wasn't expecting what I read. 

     I'm giving this book 4.5 stars out of 5 and can't wait to read the next part!!!!!



 You can purchase Forbidden on AmazoniBooksB & NKobo.


Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review.  The opinions in this post are 100 % of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment