Monday, July 10, 2017

Mister Hockey {Book Review}


TitleMister Hockey 
Series: Hellion's Angels #1
Author: Lia Riley

Book Description:

Jed West is Mr. Hockey. The captain of the NHL’s latest winning team, the Denver Hellions—and the hottest player on the ice—at least according to every magazine. .and Breezy Angel. Breezy has been drooling over Jed at games for years, and he plays a starring role in her most toe-curling fantasies. But dirty dreams don’t come true, right?

Then Jed saunters through the doors of her library, a last minute special guest for a summer reading event, and not only is he drop dead gorgeous up close, his personality is straight up swoon-worthy. He even comes to the rescue when she has an R-rated “Super Book Worm” costume malfunction. But when he mistakenly assumes she’s more into books than pucks, she’s too flustered to correct his mistake. And then comes a big kiss, followed by a teensy-tiny problem. Jed’s dating policy is simple: Never date a fan.

So what’s a fangirl going to have to do to convince her ultimate crush that he’s become less of a perfect fantasy, and more like the perfect man. . .for her?w


My Review:

So I have to start out by saying it feels like its been forever since I've read anything by Mrs. Riley. But as soon as I heard that she was coming out with a hockey series I knew I had to jump on those. I love hockey themed romance stories.

 I have to say that this book turned out to be so much more than I expected. It was light and sweet, at the same time being smexy. Also this book was hilarious and I mean that in the best possible way.  I guess I could say it was corkey and had me laughing throughout.

I loved Jed.... Jed West.... Not only is he the captain of the Hellions, he's actually a decent sweet, kind, caring guy. I liked how normal he seemed even though he was a hockey player.

Oh my, Breezy Angel, I just loved her. She just cracked me up and I loved her normalcy also. She was the sweet, normal, caring, nerdy librarian who just happened to love hockey.

I absolutely loved this book and it had me laughing more than I expected (as mentioned above). I can't wait for more from this series!!!!

I'm giving this book 4.5 Stars out of 5!!!!


Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Tasty Book Tours via Edlwiss for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment