Monday, July 10, 2017

Whispered Prayer's of a Girl {Book Review}


Title: Whispered Prayer's of a Girl 
Author: Alex Grayson
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

A tortured soul meets a damaged family…

A lonely man, a widowed woman, a carefree boy, and a broken girl… Can the four come together and help heal each other? Or will fear of the unknown and guilt about the past keep them apart?

Her whispered prayers break her...

At night, as she’s drifting off to sleep, I press my ear to the door and listen to her heart-wrenching pleas. Her words are agony to my healing heart, but I cherish the sound of them, for that’s the only time I ever hear my beautiful daughter speak. Since her father died two years ago, she’s grown quiet and withdrawn. Cat’s Valley was to be our new beginning, a place where my family and I can heal, but what we find there is so much more.

Scars mar his body. Pain has left him in pieces…

Four years ago, I lost the two things I cherished most in the world. They were ripped from my arms in the most painful and cruel way. Since then, I’ve kept to myself, preferring to stay away from the pitying looks and murmured rumors. Everything changed when she and her children barged into my life. It was an accident, and I don’t deserve them, but now that they’re here, I’m not sure I can let them go.

My Review:

This is the first time I have read anything by Mrs. Grayson. The synopsis of this story is what really brought me to really want to read this story.

Oh man Alexander, he just broke my heart. I couldn't help but feel for him. After losing his wife and child, the man was living like a hermit crab. Or some may say he was barely living at all. Which after everything was understandable. I loved that even though after everything he had been through there was still a soft and caring side to him.

Man I just loved Gwen and her kids, Daniel and Kelsey. They have been through their own loss. Even though Gwen lost her husband, I loved how strong Gwen was. I think that mostly had to do with her children. But at the same time she could have lost herself with them.

I really did find this story to be enjoyable. It held my attention from start to finish. It pulled at my emotions and brought tears to my eyes. I absolutely adored Gwen's children. And I loved watching Alexander and Gwen's relationship grow and them learn to move on in their lives.

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5!!!!


Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Forever Valentine PR for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment