Monday, July 17, 2017

The Broken Puppet {Book Review}


Title: The Broken Puppet
Series: The Elite Kings Club #2
Author: Amo Jones
Genre: Dark Romance/Romantic Suspense

Book Description:

“I thought I knew who I was, but I was wrong.”

The Silver Swan

1. A girl who is tarnished. Tainted. One who does not fit into the confinement of legend.

The Silver Swan

2. Madison Montgomery.

I was lied to.
I was cheated.
Resigning to pick up the scraps of empty memories and disarrayed thoughts, I left. After finally cutting the strings of manipulation, I resorted to do what I’ve done since I was a child, something my father drilled into my brain since I could handle my first rifle.
Run.
I’m a mere shadow of the girl they all knew.
Lies and deceit change you. They alter your entire outlook on life.
I’m Madison Montgomery, and I want to play a game.
Here’s what happens when I win.

Riddle me this, Mads.
What goes bump in the night,
but is something you can’t see with sight?
You may run, and you may hide.
Our happily ever after will be like Bonnie & Clyde.

My Review:

So I want to start this review out by saying if you have not read The Silver Swan yet, than do not try and read this book. You will be so confused and lost if you try and read this book first. Now that being said, now I want to say, "What the what?.... What did I just read?"

Lets start with Madison. She's now on the run with her best friend. Though their not exactly on the run, since it seems the Kings have known where they were all along. I feel like in this book Madison gain more of a backbone. She doesn't really take shyt from anyone in this book. I kind of felt like in the first book she just went with the flow and did what she was told. In this one she kind of still does, but more on her terms. I felt like she didn't let The Kings rule and push her around as much in this book. Though they did still kind of control her in ways. 

Oh Bishop..... I still can't decide if I should hate him or not. I'm still on the fence about him. I should say that I have a love/hate relationship with him. He definitely still has his moments where one moment I love him and than the next I want to junk punch him. 

Man I have to say as soon.... And I mean as soon as this book landed on my kindle I had to start reading it. It didn't matter that I was in the middle of reading another book, I had to start reading this one. This book caught my attention right off the bat and held it through till the end. I will say that this book answered some of the questions I had from The Silver Swan. But on the other hand it left me with a butt load of other questions also. And man oh man that ending....

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5 and seriously can't wait for the next one!!!!
Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment